Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

URGENT HELP! Anyone travelling GLA or EDI to LGW tonight (Sat 14 June)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)

Long shot...

My 19 year old daughter, a recent BA crew recruit, has flown south from a visit home this afternoon, leaving her keys in Glasgow.

She's locked out of her house and car until we get them to her. Just wondered if there was any possibility of someone here being willing/able to take them to her at LGW?

Any/all suggestions appreciated xx
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have posted on a FAcebook Group of FF - will direct anyone here if they can help.. hope it gets sorted out .. Bless her.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
someone just suggested this but I expect you've already thought of it?

"If she’s BA crew could she not get one of the crew on the next LGW flight to take them (although think next BA flight might be tomorrow morning)? "
Sealink, George M and george77300 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster

The next flight is in the morning. She's supposed to report for a flight to Paphos at 6 tomorrow morning...

Beginning to look like I either drive or take the 2030 Heathrow flight
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help CaroFos - much appreciated x
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Take the keys to GLA to the check in desk and explain the situation, I am pretty sure the flight crew would take them down to LHR then your daughter could just head to LHR to pick them up? I think that is the most likely solution.
PAL62V and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:23 am
Original Poster

She says the crew won't be allowed to take any foreign object. I'm currently chatting to a friend who's ground staff at GLA to see if there's anything they could do x
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:23 am

Overnight courier?
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC
I would suggest you head to the airport and look out for BA crew and plead to their better nature (and common sense about not taking random foreign objects)
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Have spoken to the Menzies Lead Agent for BA this evening. She says it'll depend on the flight crew. I'm going to take them to the airport and see what happens. Wish me luck x
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Have spoken to the Menzies Lead Agent for BA this evening. She says it'll depend on the flight crew. I'm going to take them to the airport and see what happens. Wish me luck x
If you have some "proof" that daughter works for BA, take that and show it to the crew before they say no.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Go to Glasgow Central with a sports hold-all filled with old clothes. Add key. Put bag in luggage rack on a train to London. Get off train.

I did this once when I needed something from my parents urgently, with me in Taunton and then in Sheffield!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Raffles
[left]Go to Glasgow Central with a sports hold-all filled with old clothes. Add key. Put bag in luggage rack on a train to London. Get off train.
Last Glasgow-Euston train of the day departed 3 minutes before your post, sadly.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Go to Glasgow Central with a sports hold-all filled with old clothes. Add key. Put bag in luggage rack on a train to London. Get off train.

I did this once when I needed something from my parents urgently, with me in Taunton and then in Sheffield!
This made me smile at my most stressed, so thank you Raffles

Looks like she's managed to identify a friend/fellow crewmember who's going to Gatwick in the morning and can take them to her. Her landlord can provide another key to access to her room until then She just needs an Uber to the house and I can breathe again.

If any of you happen to be travelling LGW to Paphos tomorrow please say hi to the scatty blonde Scottish girl
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat

surely someone would notice that and think it’s very fishy these days. Unattended bags and all that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.