Wiki Posts
Search

Club kitchen Query

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Club kitchen Query

It’s been nearly 2 years since my last club world flight, and as I generally snack a lot between meals, even more so when flying and watching movies, I was wondering how well stocked the club kitchens seem to be these days. Would I need to stock up with a few items from the lounge/terminal before my flight?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
It depends on the flight and departure time. It seems there are always biscuits, chocolates and crisps, but longer flights have yoghurts, sandwiches, fruit and hummus. If it leaves in the evening, or late afternoon, then I would expect the first items only, unless it is a Long Range Flight.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:19 am

"Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard to fetch her poor dog a bone, but when she got there the cupboard was bare!"

The Club World Kitchen can occasionally look a bit like this. I suspect some people fear that rations will run out so 'stock up' early. Unless you are Mikey Chen, you should be able to get a selection of small items to see you through. How much is it OK to take though? I sometimes have a Lemon Melt biscuit but tend not to be hungry on planes. You are the judge of how many Cadbury's Fingers of Fudge you would like.
orbitmic and tynmar like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Cheers guys. So from what I gather it could well be that I need to take a few extras with me on board. Not good really when you’re paying for business class tickets!!
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Finavia
Cheers guys. So from what I gather it could well be that I need to take a few extras with me on board. Not good really when you’re paying for business class tickets!!
No, not ideal, but worth the minimal effort for the safety of avoiding (potential) hunger pangs .........
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
As AnaTravel says, if you like these you will have no problem:

AnaTravel and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not sure how common it is, but there are sometimes a few left-over items from the meal service in the help-yourself glass fronted fridge - I've seen cheese and biscuits, and cold starter and dessert plates for certain.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Last time I was there (11 hour daytime flight) it was quite substantially stocked with different things, including a few things left over from meal service. You can always nudge the cabin crew for something if it's looking a bit bare.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've flicked through my images to see if I have a recent picture but I can't find one from recent weeks. But as you can see from the High Life magazine, the best I can do is this one from October, and things like the water have obviously changed, this was a LGW day flight to the USA. The fridge has the usual sandwiches,wraps, fruit salad tubs and yogurts. LHR tend to put the Cadbury box, which has mini bars of their branded chocolates, front and centre for some reason, whereas LGW tends to put them on the shelf. This isn't untypical, though there usually are a few more popcorn packs than this.

Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
I often find a fairly bare cupboard on the BKK-LHR route
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:16 pm

It can be pretty bare on the SFO flights too, if you don't go there immediately after the meal service is over!

rb211.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
You are the judge of how many Cadbury's Fingers of Fudge you would like.
Surely, just enough to give the kids a treat?
T8191, AnaTravel and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.