BAd BA BAcon

Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
While there’s definitely been a noticeable uplift in BA’s food offerings, there remains one big issue.

Insipid, fatty bacon.

Who’s up for some customer lobbying for crispier bacon? If it’s possible to routinely cook a fillet of beef to within an inch of its life....
NOOOOOOOO! I HATE Crispy Bacon, it’s like eating charcoal and cardboard
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
No bacon rolls in the NCL lounge either. The ultimate evidence of London Airways.
I was going to add, what are these lounge bacon rolls people speak of? It's either croissants, porridge, bruised bananas or kettle crisps for me in the mornings.

Given the pax/space ratio in the NCL lounge you'd think they could do better - especially given how status-heavy the route sometimes seems to be (appeared to be more group 1s than 2/3s on some recent hops).
tigertanaka likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
This works well for cooking American streaky bacon, I haven't got to test it yet with real back bacon.

T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Which one?
The Albertsons at Warm Springs and Rainbow. That said, the Sprouts on the opposite side of Rainbow is still much better and more consistent with its bacon.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by TownCar
I was going to add, what are these lounge bacon rolls people speak of? It's either croissants, porridge, bruised bananas or kettle crisps for me in the mornings.

Given the pax/space ratio in the NCL lounge you'd think they could do better - especially given how status-heavy the route sometimes seems to be (appeared to be more group 1s than 2/3s on some recent hops).
I agree with this. I really do wish that the NCL lounge could do something more substantial in the mornings. I have started visiting the Aspire lounge instead where I can get a sausage sandwich etc. when I am on an early flight. They have a pretty decent hot food offering in the morning (the only time I have visited so far, so no idea what is served up for lunch or tea) and I am rather partial to a sausage stottie (although the floured bap isn't a proper Greggs stottie unfortunately - a bigger shame as there's a Greggs at NCL).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.