FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Horrible Western European flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1973987-horrible-western-european-flights.html)

Spacoom Jun 14, 2019 9:42 am

Horrible Western European flights

I happened to fly frequently within europe and unavoidabye using BA due to my company policy. I think BA realized it and quality of service is awful.

These are the most uncomfortable cramped together seats. If the flight time is 50 minutes, the ticket says 1 and 40 minutes. Most of the time you are sitting in the plane, awaiting departure window. Short flight becomes a very long and uncomfortable one. Quite disappointed with the airline view on its passengers. The quality of service is of a low cost airline, while pricing is mid range.

truncated Jun 14, 2019 9:43 am

*grabs popcorn*

icegirl Jun 14, 2019 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Spacoom (Post 31202579)
I happened to fly frequently withing europe and unavoidable using BA due to the company policy. I think BA realized it and quality of service is awful..

Have you thought about discussing this with your employer and getting the policy changed?

Spacoom Jun 14, 2019 9:54 am

icegirl, cash is the king. The employer is just focusing on the bottom line. When you are going outside of the EU with BA, it is not too bad but within it is a very uncomfortable journey and company to fly with...

Crofton138 Jun 14, 2019 9:54 am

I happened to fly frequently within europe and unavoidabye using BA due to my company policy. I think BA realized it and quality of service is awful.

These are the most uncomfortable cramped together seats. If the flight time is 50 minutes, the ticket says 1 and 40 minutes. Most of the time you are sitting in the plane, awaiting departure window. Short flight becomes a very long and uncomfortable one. Quite disappointed with the airline view on its passengers. The quality of service is of a low cost airline, while pricing is mid range.

BA know your company travel policy and are adjusting their quality of service down just for you?

windowontheAside Jun 14, 2019 9:55 am

It's hard to disagree with the points made, but if you have to travel around Europe, who does it much better?

rockflyertalk Jun 14, 2019 9:57 am

I see the company policy is BA but have you personally tried any other airline in Europe such as EasyJet or Ryanair or maybe Vueling? As a comparison.

Crofton138 Jun 14, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Spacoom (Post 31202621)
icegirl, cash is the king. The employer is just focusing on the bottom line. When you are going outside of the EU with BA, it is not too bad but within it is a very uncomfortable journey and company to fly with...

If 'cash is the king', why isn't the company policy to fly Ryanair, Easyjet, Flybe, Blue Air, Wizz Air or one of the other proper LCCs?

Schwann Jun 14, 2019 10:03 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 31202636)
I see the company policy is BA but have you personally tried any other airline in Europe such as EasyJet or Ryanair or maybe Vueling? As a comparison.

Not much difference between them....

THEOBCMAN Jun 14, 2019 10:04 am

This is a complaint - right ? Can't quite tell !

What routes are you flying with BA ? Have you flown other European airlines to compare with ? Nobody wants to fly economy but a couple of hours around Europe is surely not a problem ? And I would say BA do a very good job.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time !"

Greenpen Jun 14, 2019 10:23 am

I agree about European flights and I simply do not understand how all the airlines have adopted the CE approach. Wasn't it great when QR were flying some BA routes. I thought that when people experienced that there would be an outcry when the normal service returned, but no, everyone happily went back to a Y experience at a J price.

Geordie405 Jun 14, 2019 10:31 am

There are plenty of other carriers and options available. When I was living in Brussels the only time I would fly would generally be if I was visiting our offices in Spain or in Italy. Everywhere else I would take the train - so Thalys to Paris or Düsseldorf, Eurostar to London, ICE to Frankfurt etc. Even with a 3 - 4 hour journey time via ICE from Brussels to Frankfurt it was generally quicker than flying!

LTN Phobia Jun 14, 2019 10:35 am

Have you tried other EU airlines on short haul, for instance on holidays? You might find that they are not very different from BA. In fact, some are worse.

LCY8737 Jun 14, 2019 10:40 am

Even if OP wouldn't work for a cheapskate company things wouldn't fundamentally change. Sure, you could fly businesses in the same seats (with an empty middle). But another airline? Not going to make one bit of difference. They all have the same product with a few minor deviations.

nick.t.davies Jun 14, 2019 11:05 am

Also how much of the extended block time is purely a factor of the airports being used. If you’re not flying in/out of LHR I’m sure you can be less cautious with timings to avoid everything always being late.