Horrible Western European flights

Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Horrible Western European flights

I happened to fly frequently within europe and unavoidabye using BA due to my company policy. I think BA realized it and quality of service is awful.

These are the most uncomfortable cramped together seats. If the flight time is 50 minutes, the ticket says 1 and 40 minutes. Most of the time you are sitting in the plane, awaiting departure window. Short flight becomes a very long and uncomfortable one. Quite disappointed with the airline view on its passengers. The quality of service is of a low cost airline, while pricing is mid range.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
*grabs popcorn*
BearX220, Globaliser, jmd and 33 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Spacoom
I happened to fly frequently withing europe and unavoidable using BA due to the company policy. I think BA realized it and quality of service is awful..

Have you thought about discussing this with your employer and getting the policy changed?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

icegirl, cash is the king. The employer is just focusing on the bottom line. When you are going outside of the EU with BA, it is not too bad but within it is a very uncomfortable journey and company to fly with...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I happened to fly frequently within europe and unavoidabye using BA due to my company policy. I think BA realized it and quality of service is awful.

These are the most uncomfortable cramped together seats. If the flight time is 50 minutes, the ticket says 1 and 40 minutes. Most of the time you are sitting in the plane, awaiting departure window. Short flight becomes a very long and uncomfortable one. Quite disappointed with the airline view on its passengers. The quality of service is of a low cost airline, while pricing is mid range.
BA know your company travel policy and are adjusting their quality of service down just for you?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:55 am

It's hard to disagree with the points made, but if you have to travel around Europe, who does it much better?
Stez, CloudGazer and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I see the company policy is BA but have you personally tried any other airline in Europe such as EasyJet or Ryanair or maybe Vueling? As a comparison.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
icegirl, cash is the king. The employer is just focusing on the bottom line. When you are going outside of the EU with BA, it is not too bad but within it is a very uncomfortable journey and company to fly with...
If 'cash is the king', why isn't the company policy to fly Ryanair, Easyjet, Flybe, Blue Air, Wizz Air or one of the other proper LCCs?

Last edited by Crofton138; Jun 14, 2019 at 10:08 am
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I see the company policy is BA but have you personally tried any other airline in Europe such as EasyJet or Ryanair or maybe Vueling? As a comparison.
Not much difference between them....
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
This is a complaint - right ? Can't quite tell !

What routes are you flying with BA ? Have you flown other European airlines to compare with ? Nobody wants to fly economy but a couple of hours around Europe is surely not a problem ? And I would say BA do a very good job.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time !"
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:23 am

I agree about European flights and I simply do not understand how all the airlines have adopted the CE approach. Wasn't it great when QR were flying some BA routes. I thought that when people experienced that there would be an outcry when the normal service returned, but no, everyone happily went back to a Y experience at a J price.
DeltaFlyingProf likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
There are plenty of other carriers and options available. When I was living in Brussels the only time I would fly would generally be if I was visiting our offices in Spain or in Italy. Everywhere else I would take the train - so Thalys to Paris or Düsseldorf, Eurostar to London, ICE to Frankfurt etc. Even with a 3 - 4 hour journey time via ICE from Brussels to Frankfurt it was generally quicker than flying!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

Have you tried other EU airlines on short haul, for instance on holidays? You might find that they are not very different from BA. In fact, some are worse.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Even if OP wouldn't work for a cheapskate company things wouldn't fundamentally change. Sure, you could fly businesses in the same seats (with an empty middle). But another airline? Not going to make one bit of difference. They all have the same product with a few minor deviations.
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Also how much of the extended block time is purely a factor of the airports being used. If you’re not flying in/out of LHR I’m sure you can be less cautious with timings to avoid everything always being late.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.