Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Avis Benefits

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Looking for some help if anyone knows the answer.

I am BA Exec card holder, which has now dropped back down to blue from bronze, as I’ve moved to Northern Ireland so don’t need to travel back and forth.

My question is: I will be renting from Avis in Orlando for 10 days. As I am a travel agent I have used a code to get me discount on the booking. I have added my Avis Preferred number (for quick pick up in MCO) to the booking but the call centre said that my they are unable to add my BAE Exec card as it will change the rate. Now the only reason I want to add it is so that I can add my partner as an additional drive for free, but was advised that because of my status I don’t get a free additional driver. Do you have to be bronze or above to avail this benefit? Should I just ask them when collecting to add the BA number?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Does it depend on how you booked it? A BA Holiday booking of car plus flight, with a Preferred number, gets a free 2nd driver. However, that is when they are booked together as a "Holiday" booking.

They do not have the slickest IT to add BA Exec numbers - I did that via e-mail and it did not impact price - but you booked a special Trade price.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:32 pm

This happened to me this week, I used an Avis Preferred code for a discount then asked them to add BA number also to ensure free additional driver and was told no only one code can be added so I would have to choose and quoted me approx £9/day for the additional driver! So I called BA to query and it turned out their rental was cheaper even taking my discount into account as some status benefit so I booked that and cancelled my original direct Avis booking. So it might be worth calling BA.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
It sound to me as if you have booked a different yet cheaper rate.
Tha ba rate includes avios and the driver.
Its not about adding any baec number.. It's about booking the baec rate... I assume.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
OIt’s valid for all Exec Club members irrespective of card color. It may however book into a specific BA CDP. Why don’t you try to recreate the booking on avisba.com and see if you can get the same rate - plus the free 2nd driver.

From the avis /ba t&c’s:

This benefit is available for British Airways Executive Club Members only, all membership tiers, booking on ba.com; avisba.com; BA Call Centres or Avis Call Centres using a BA Executive Club AWD: Gold N744400; Silver N744300; Blue N744100; Bronze N284300.

Rentals made using Avis contracted (corporate/government) rates/AWDs, chauffeur drive, or van rentals do not qualify. Travel industry staff rates including BA and Avis employee programs, replacement/insurance rates, selected association programs, and net rate programmes, and rentals booked with online travel agents (with the exception of ba.com), brokers and price comparison sites do not qualify.

Last edited by Takiteasy; Jun 13, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Status is irrelevant, but to get the free additional driver you have to use one of the BA rates, the relevant AWDs are:

Gold - N744400
Silver - N744300
Bronze – N284300
Blue - N744100
General Passenger - N743700
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:38 pm

That's correct but replacing the Avis disvount AWD with the BA AWD will trigger a price change so depends which is best. Do call BA holidays I found them very helpful when I explained the issue.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
If your partner lives at same address I believe avis allows them to be added for free.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:18 pm

Good if this is correct but is it written in Avis policy, can you send me a link to it please as it would be very useful and get around this issue as we both live at the same address as they could tell from our account? Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
We just picked up an avis rental in USA, booked through avisba, so expecting the additional driver. Avis preferred, so went straight to the car, and then asked about the additional driver at the exit check point. They didn’t know, so went back to the office and they knew nothing about Avis/BA/BAEC benefits but said ‘spouses’ are automatically included. I mentioned our domestic arrangement and they said same address is fine. All a bit a un-confidence-boosting. Same with a previous rental in Canada - I’m not sure that the BAEC benefits are actually processed properly but fortunately have not had to test it out following an incident.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:25 pm

Very interesting but still better to see it written down to push back over the counter when they try to charge £9/day for the extra driver!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by paulaf
Good if this is correct but is it written in Avis policy, can you send me a link to it please as it would be very useful and get around this issue as we both live at the same address as they could tell from our account? Thanks
The renter's spouse or "life partner" is exempt from Avis' additional driver fee, regardless of AWD used:

https://www.avis.com/en/customer-ser...a/reservations
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by guv1976
The renter's spouse or "life partner" is exempt from Avis' additional driver fee, regardless of AWD used:

https://www.avis.com/en/customer-ser...a/reservations
This is NOT available globally but only in specific countries.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:09 am

Thanks I can see this applies in the US but I can't change the country to UK any ideas?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks I can see this applies in the US but I can't change the country to UK any ideas?
I believe that it only applies to U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.