Search

Rubbish service from BA returns as usual

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
So... you got on the flight ok?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:48 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Do you have a common name? Maybe the BA systems thought you had 2 tickets on the same flight?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Originally Posted by peck
So... you got on the flight ok?
I got lucky, still two seats available on the flight but had they done this to me last week then I would have been stuck. So yes I got home, do I am not threatening lawsuits 😁 but just raising the point as very annoying way to treat a customer.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Do you have a common name? Maybe the BA systems thought you had 2 tickets on the same flight?
No "thundercat" is just not that common 😁
SK, Dambus, dcmike and 8 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thundercat
I got lucky, still two seats available on the flight but had they done this to me last week then I would have been stuck. So yes I got home, do I am not threatening lawsuits 😁 but just raising the point as very annoying way to treat a customer.
Well, you would have got EUR300 compensation last week, and a night in a hotel. I think I'd have been happy with that!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Well, you would have got EUR300 compensation last week, and a night in a hotel. I think I'd have been happy with that!
His / her buddy waiting at LHR for a lift might not have been so happy though
wrp96, thundercat and alex67500 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by thundercat
At least op got home without any issues. Same thing happened to me back in April, offloaded at the gate for Dublin. The gate agent couldn’t give any reason, but was back on the same flight with same seat right before gate closing after some complain. However, checked in luggage didn’t make it, showed up in the hotel reception with later flight. Sent online complain, and got 7k Avios as an apology.
thundercat likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Very strange then, I am running out of ideas here. DYKWIA's suggestion is the only one I can think of that more or less fits, the other would be if someone had the same passport number as you (i.e. entered a wrong number in their API). And of course BA's IT has its own fan base here. Personally I can understand that mistakes happen, and this was fixed without too much impact given the very short flight, but somewhere down the line I would be looking to get a full explanation.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I might guess at a typo; OP was offloaded in error, and it wasn't realised until the gate? Presume it happened after entering the lounge, as wouldn't the entry scan there have flagged as ineligible if already offloaded by then?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Are you sure you were offloaded rather than just seat shifted?!
kingcole974 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Jed
Other Oneworld carriers are certainly capable of delivering a consistently reliable set of benefits to BA gold card holders ...
So is BA.

But things randomly go wrong on all airlines, and they can go wrong for BA Golds as much as for anyone else. If you travel, stuff will happen.

I'm tickled by the idea that being BA Gold shows loyalty to BA. Perhaps it does for some, but that's far from universal. Many Golds have pretty much no say in whether or not they earn it (other than the choice to be a frequent flyer scheme member at all, rather than opting out of the whole notion). Amongst the FT fraternity, I'd bet that being Gold is often more a consequence of loyalty to Tier Points than of loyalty to BA.
HIDDY and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I have sympathy for the OP. I'd be a bit miffed too. I know it was written as a rant and the only thing I'll object to is the use of 'as usual' at the end of the thread title. I think it's fair to say that this was anything like 'usual'. Glad it was resolved without too much inconvenience.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
I think they just got moved to the middle seat? Sigh!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
I think they just got moved to the middle seat? Sigh!
Gate agent told me I was actually offloaded and therefore no longer on the flight. The fact I was then put in a different seat was that was all that was left when the put me back on.
Before anyone asks I was in the queue before boarding started so was not late to the gate.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC
It sounds like one of life’s little unfortunate events that can and does in any mammoth corporate. That doesn’t means it’s right or acceptable but even the smallest of businesses can muck up. It’s not necessary a reflection of the general service levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.