Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK, LH
anyone in LHR T5 today?

hi
anyone in LHR T5 today?
i need some information..urgent pls
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm not inT5, but I think I know it well. Others in this forum do too.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bittihuduga
hi
anyone in LHR T5 today?
i need some information..urgent pls
Yes, I'm confident "somebody" is in T5 today.

Regards
wrp96 and tynmar like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What do you need to know? The sooner you ask with the details the sooner you'll get an answer!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I should imagine that there are 1000s of people in T5 currently.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

sorry, i can't reach my mother in T5. bA is not helpful. so trying for some help
LHR didn't help too
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are you simply unable to contact your mother? She is probably fine and it is a very well laid out airport, but if you can contact her, tell her to contact a Heathrow Airport staff member wearing a purple jacket, they can help people get around. If it's a sensitive conversation you need to have with her, try to get her to get one of Heathrow chaplains (they are actually non denominational in spirit, they are paid to be helpful) - they are used to making phone calls happen. Heathrow is now well served by wifi, if that is a factor.

BA won't normally disclose if a passenger is on or not on an aircraft, and that's just the way privacy works.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

due to her health conditions im worried. her phone seems to be dead. appreciate if any one in T5 can help me
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
due to her health conditions im worried. her phone seems to be dead. appreciate if any one in T5 can help me
It is almost certainly just that her phone is dead (or switched off); if anything had happened then someone would have contacted you or another relative to let you know.

What are you hoping that someone in T5 might be able to do? I doubt that anyone here knows what she looks like.
orbitmic and MareLuce like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not quite sure how someone can contact her if she has no phone working ?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

she is flying to DUBlin so anyone around that gate, i can send her pic
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:46 am

If your mother is anything like my mother, she may well have turned off the telephone until she needs to call someone. The concept of inbound calls, despite a certain amount of coaching, seems not to make sense. The most likely situation is she turned off the phone on the previous flight because she was told to, and hasn't got round to turning it back on again. Also the 4G network in T5 is silly overloaded, more capacity is being added, but to be sure of a signal it's sometimes best to go 3G or even 2G there. Having children is way more complicated than T5 so I think you can assume that she is OK.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:50 am

she is flying to DUBlin so anyone around that gate, i can send her pic
If she is on the 20:40 service, they won't have announced the gate yet, that won't happen until 19:50 or so and it could be one of several gates at either end of T5A (it won't be B or C). And the previous service has already left LHR.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:53 am
Original Poster

she was on wheelchair. i am assuming someone dropped her at some gate in T5. how will the next person take her to gate for her 2040 flight? sadly she doesn't speak english :-(
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
If she has booked assistance my guess is that she may be in the special services lounge opposite gate A21?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.