Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

In the news...Another angry person in a local paper or a legitimate grievance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In the news...Another angry person in a local paper or a legitimate grievance?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:44 am

Well, what do you expect? That the lounge staff readily admit to their superiors that they said that a business lounge is only for business people? Or that they try to weasel out of that show of ignorance (BA does not have a business lounge, but a Galleries Club Lounge at Edinburgh which, per definition, is apparently not a "business" lounge? Business people do not have children? Business people are only those in pin-striped suits and bowler hats? Biting the hand that feeds you is a brilliant idea?).

The reaction by BA is also pretty lame. It should have read something like "Regardless of the unfortunate individual case, we welcome all travellers eligible for lounge access with or without children and will make sure that in the future highchairs are available in our lounges."

Last edited by vfw614; Jun 12, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by cammyloon
Story in today's Edinburgh Evening News. Business UK passenger angered that BA lounge at EDI can't provide a high chair for her baby....
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-her-1-4945689
Oops I believe is more safety than child is not on hights or high after reaching some booze
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by cammyloon
But why take this to a paper?
I wonder if she did. A lot of newspaper “research” these days is seeing someone post something on social media, and taken from there.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

If I took a baby on a business trip, I too would probably be ready for a grand ol' meltdown by the time I was heading home..... sounds expected. BUt, no sympathy from me...there sounds like there is something else in all this for her.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
My thoughts will be with her for when she returns from LCY and discovers there isn’t even a biz lounge, let alone any high chairs.
81romeo, nancypants and abligh like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I think there is too much expected from some parents regarding provision of facilities for their children (of all ages).
Living in ‘nappy valley’ I have over time become quite annoyed by the sheer entitlement of some parents combined with poor manners and lack of empathy for others.
Not all parents are created equal and there are loads of great parents, I would guess they would not have gone to the media over something so trivial.
As a data point the Windmill cafe on Wimbledon Common demanded Ł20 in cash as a deposit when we visited with grandchildren- I should have sued !
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Howard Long
My thoughts will be with her for when she returns from LCY and discovers there isn’t even a biz lounge, let alone any high chairs.
Mind you, there are plenty of high chairs there for the adults!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:54 pm

She will sue BA then....
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vfw614
The reaction by BA is also pretty lame. It should have read something like "Regardless of the unfortunate individual case, we welcome all travellers eligible for lounge access with or without children and will make sure that in the future highchairs are available in our lounges."
British Airways' response is robust and honest and seems, to me, to be as close as BA can legally get to accusing the passenger of being untruthful without actually saying so.
nancypants and Carnforth like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Akoz
BA will allow a pushchair to be gate checked for FREE. This mobile seat can also be taken into the lounge. Don't see the problem.
And there we have it...... exactly what I was going to post.
nancypants and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:48 am

How did she get her baby through the airport? I'd have thought juggling a baby in arms plus carry on bag(s) through the terminal was trickier than eating with a baby on her lap.
missdimeaner likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: too many
What? There's no lounge in LCY? :-)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
How did she get her baby through the airport? I'd have thought juggling a baby in arms plus carry on bag(s) through the terminal was trickier than eating with a baby on her lap.
You have to put them in a separate tray to your electronics and liquids.
strickerj and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer

You have to put them in a separate tray to your electronics and liquids.
and ensure the nappy doesn’t contain more than 100ml of liquid
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
and ensure the nappy doesn’t contain more than 100ml of liquid
Baby products can be larger, but you have too be prepared to taste them in front of security officer....
Too much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.