Search

BA94 (YUL–LHR) Sleeper service?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Eurobonus
BA94 (YUL–LHR) Sleeper service?

Dear all,

I'll soon be flying BA94 from Montreal to Heathrow in CW (first time in CW!). It's listed by BA as a sleeper service, but from what I've read in older threads here - and a fairly recent blog post I came across - it appears is actually isn't. I have an onwards flight to TLV in the afternoon and would thus dearly like to get some sleep on my flight from YUL... Does anyone have any recent information/experiences?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I was on this route a few weeks ago in CW .... It's not a full sleeper service, you can ask for a one-tray meal to get your head down asap - also beware the lounge is dreadful.
Crampedin13A, Cymro and Senhal like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Hi going to be flying this route in a couple of months... any updates?

SB
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Be prepared for dissapointment. There is no Sleeper Service on any route anymore.
We travelled this route last September. The lounge was shambolic, we could not even exit the lift as the entrance foyer was full of people queuing to get in. When we did eventually get in to the lounge it was a disgrace. No available seating, slops for food and very poor quality drinks.
The flight had some of the worst food ever - cold dry scallops and steak that you could not cut through.
We both received 10k Avios in compensation after raising a formal complaint.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Just to be clear YUL has never offered a Sleeper Service as there is no BA lounge, no excuses for the poor quality food, that really shouldn’t happen from a country with high standards of food service.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Thanks for the updates

I will not hold my breath too much then...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Having done this recently, I'd recommend eating in the airport (not the lounge), then getting a few drinks in the lounge. As soon as you've taken off recline the bed, go to sleep and don't bother with any service expect a morning drink. Then eat in the lounge at arrival to LHR.

The flight is so short, it is the only way to get any real sleep.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The departure time and location of YUL means that in any case you are better eating in Montréal. Though the third party lounge in YUL isn't great by comparison with LHR, with very limited food options in particular, I don't think it's quite up there with RAK or ALA, it's fine for a drink or two before departure. What is difficult to avoid is that it is too short for an overnight service. Because YUL doesn't suffer from the congestion of BOS or YYZ, the flight can be incredibly short. That's a geographical fact of life to which there aren't any easy answers. It would be great as a day time return, but the economics won't work for this from LHR-YUL.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
On my last trip to Montreal I came home through JFK - much more pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.