Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Centenary event at Legoland Windsor in July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I just got invited to a centenary event at Legoland Windsor in July:

We’re very excited to be celebrating our centenary year, marking 100 years of flying. It’s you, our valued Executive Club Members, who have made us who we are, and we couldn’t have achieved this momentous milestone without your support. As our centenary celebrations continue, we have a very special invitation for you.

We’d like to invite you and your family to join us at LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort on 6 July 2019. The Resort opens at 1000, and from 1800 to 2100, Executive Club Members and their guests will have exclusive use of the Resort. Tickets are just £17 per person, and children under 3 go free.

We’re limiting this invitation to just 5000 tickets, to ensure that our Members can experience all the Resort has to offer. With over 55 rides and attractions, including The Haunted House which is new for 2019, you and your family will be sure to create many fantastic memories. So hurry, reserve your place now.

Please don’t forget to bring your Executive Club membership card, along with your ticket, to gain entry on the day. You can also show your digital card on the British Airways app. You’ll be provided with a wristband on arrival, which will give you complimentary parking for the day.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Your Executive Club Team

Last edited by woodey; Jun 12, 2019 at 4:25 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Just received this as well
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Yeah got it too and booked it .. seems a decent deal at half ( or less depending on parking fees etc. ) the standard price they charge .. I'm sure I'll hate it , but at least the kids shouldn't and I won't be paying as much to hate it as I would normally !
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by woodey
IIt’s you, our valued Executive Club Members, who have made us who we are,
Umm... pretty aggressive to blame us for the current state of BA...
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
ajeleonard.
Agreed.
I used to think it was the fault of the boss class and the beancounters. Now we know it is the BAEC members.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Got it.... but I'm away
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Is there actually anything special about the day, or is it just cheap tickets?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Is there actually anything special about the day, or is it just cheap tickets?
Usual capacity is 17k....
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Umm... pretty aggressive to blame us for the current state of BA...
LOL

I have to say on this occasion BA's targeting is spot on, at least for me. I live near Windsor, have kids in the right age group to appreciate Legoland and I'm not traveling that weekend so well done BA and thanks for the invite.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I'd genuinely sign up to this, but alas, I assume it's Gold Card Holders only.

I'd taken my youngest on a Baker / Inset date and it's was absolutely packed. I hated the queues - and the fact you could pay £50 more to queue-jump (I assume they'll operate the same scheme dependent on your status!).

With only 33% of the people there, it may be worth going to, even if most of the rides resemble a cheap fairground, with lego stuck on.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I'd genuinely sign up to this, but alas, I assume it's Gold Card Holders only.
GCH here and no email.
Head of a household account but no children in the HHA
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BA707
GCH here and no email.
Head of a household account but no children in the HHA
Actually just realised I hadn't received a 'marketing email' of any kind for as long as I can remember. Just double checked and I am signed up for marketing offers (just not from 'partners') and correct email is there, but I havn't received an email since I cancelled a flight in November 2018.

Is that normal? Is this a response to the data leak? Literally, not a single email promoting anything. Just seems, odd.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Actually just realised I hadn't received a 'marketing email' of any kind for as long as I can remember. Just double checked and I am signed up for marketing offers (just not from 'partners') and correct email is there, but I havn't received an email since I cancelled a flight in November 2018.

Is that normal? Is this a response to the data leak? Literally, not a single email promoting anything. Just seems, odd.
They did send an email out about this a couple of years ago. With the changing legislative requirements on privacy policies, BA ask that you renew your email preferences every so often. After 3 years the emails will stop on the basis that non-attentiveness is no longer best practice. I think there is also a note to this effect on the profile set-up.
Sam Bee likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They did send an email out about this a couple of years ago. With the changing legislative requirements on privacy policies, BA ask that you renew your email preferences every so often. After 3 years the emails will stop on the basis that non-attentiveness is no longer best practice. I think there is also a note to this effect on the profile set-up.
OK, interesting to see it in practice. I've removed the right for them to contact me via a non existent land line and by post so I assume that counts as updating!?

*twiddles thumbs awaiting email for Legoland invitation*
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
I got the invite and I'm a lowly Blue. I assume it's because I have a 8 year old kid who's flown BA a couple of times.

I'll discuss with the Missus this evening to see if we want to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.