Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Centenary event at Legoland Windsor in July

Centenary event at Legoland Windsor in July

Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:25 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by WYW
Hi all, Does anybody know any restaurants or cafe at Legoland will open for BA executive members on 06/07 from 18:00 to 21:00. If we stay until 21:00 then we need to have dinner inside the park.

Thanks
Hi WYW, yes the food and drink concessions will remain open for the event.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:13 am
Lux

This is a great gesture by BA and it seems likely that it won't be full, given that I've just bought tickets for tomorrow. Hopefully most attractions will be open in the extended hours.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I have my tickets, but nothing relating to parking, do I just use these to park?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I have my tickets, but nothing relating to parking, do I just use these to park?
Somebody explained that you normally pay for parking at the exit. So either the barriers will be open after the regular visitors have left, or it will be something you can sort out during the evening.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Does anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi back to Windaor station from the event? We have tickets but no car so are taking the train to Windsor and going up from there.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Uber works out that way .. shouldn't be too hard to get one to take you to Windsor Station ( or Slough might be faster for the train to Paddington and not much further )
jimlad48 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
And very enjoyable it all was too, despite queues even during the BA event in the evening. A few cabin crew in attendance and stylish BA ponchos handed out at the water rides, which sadly I did not deign to don, with results that raised considerable hilarity amongst the silver members of the family.

Big thanks to BA for this, very nice day out.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Yes it was a fun day out for the kids ( perhaps a little less so for the adults! ) .. How anyone would go to there on a "normal" busy day paying full price and not go crazy is beyond me , the queuing is just crazy .. But the BA event certainly reduced ( though didn't eliminate) the queues and gave a decent discount on the admission so thumbs up from me !

Overall though I won't be rushing back ( though my kids may have other opinions! ) .. But thanks to BA for organising
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:27 pm

I'd certainly join in with the 'value for money' idea here - it was about the right price for Legoland (2nd time we've been). It felt like a lot more than 5000 people in the park with wristbands I have to say! Really nice to the see the crew handing out ponchos.

There were some issues - but it was all operational on Legoland's part. One of the bigger rides had to be evacuated after it broke down and took a while to re-start. At least 2 of the other rides had to have maintenance during our 3 hours. The queues were quite large (although nothing against the rest of the day) for the better rides - but if you were happy to avoid the standard log flume/rollercoaster/ninjago stuff - the queues were minimal - we had several rides we just walked onto.

Legoland didn't (in my opinion) do enough to help clear the park down of non-event people. Wandering at 7:15 - they were only really just getting checks in place to ensure it was only the BA customers around. Where normally someone from Legoland would have closed the queue at 6pm - they didn't here (and they couldn't - the queues had to be open for BA customers) - so of course, people without wristbands were still joining queues at 6:30-7pm - and why not - they were open! So I think it took a while to see the benefit of the 'exclusive' time. It was also annoying to see parts of the park closing down well before 9pm. My daughter wanted to go on the carousel at 8pm and it was already shut (having been open 15 minutes earlier)

But hey - it's hard to complain really. 1/2 price tickets for the whole day - and we got around more rides in the 'exclusive' time that we did from 2-6pm after we arrived. So while I am complaining above - it is nitpicking I think - it wouldn't stop me going to another event like this and my kids would very much welcome BA running it again!

I actually think BA really missed a trick. It was nice to get the ponchos (Ł5 a time from Legoland's vending machines!) but the rest of the day (or at least what I saw at 2pm) - the only presence was the people at the gate. There was chances to have people handing freebies out alll day to the non-BA event customers for 'free' marketing. They could have been doing some serious branding work to the other 12k people there! Why not just have got a load of kids travel packs to hand out?

So thank you BA - my kids loved it - and so did my wallet!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.