Food in EDI

Old Jun 12, 19, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS GFL
Food in EDI

Flying from EDI to LHR BA2946 in CE last night and the food offering in lounge was appalling.
Come on BA this is not good enough and certainly not as advertised.
The staff were dissintereted and unsympathetic. Openly criticising BA when I spoke to them about the situation. Twitter response was "maybe something in the morning"

Last edited by andym4; Jun 12, 19 at 2:15 am Reason: photos added
Old Jun 12, 19, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I see something about photos, but can you perhaps be a bit more specific? What time was this? The usual evening offer in all the domestic lounges is sandwiches, soup, cheese and biscuits. Sometimes scones mid evening (not ABZ). There is also a hot sandwich box in EDI but that's an extra compared to other lounges. It's a different offer from the lounges at LHR, LGW and STN.
Old Jun 12, 19, 3:15 am

The food is really terrible
I normally go into the Aspire lounge to get my food before going into the BA lounge
Old Jun 12, 19, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC
There was a lack of ham and cheese croissants the past two Monday mornings.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 19, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Interestingly, I only came here to see if anyone had commented on the article linked to below (woman with baby told to leave the lounge by staff) because I thought it was really out of character for EDI staff to be anything but lovely.

Weve taken our our son in to the lounge a fair few times and never had any issues.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...bies-1-4945689
Old Jun 12, 19, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by mrvincent View Post
Interestingly, I only came here to see if anyone had commented on the article linked to below (woman with baby told to leave the lounge by staff) because I thought it was really out of character for EDI staff to be anything but lovely.

Weve taken our our son in to the lounge a fair few times and never had any issues.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...bies-1-4945689
Seems she 'felt' that she had to leave the lounge rather than actually being told to leave. The only fact here seems to be that BA couldn't provide a high chair, the rest is likely to be he said/she said and unlikely to be proved either way. I would argue that High chairs should be available but the lack of one is a long way away from being thrown out...

Back on topic, I've always found the Edi food to be among the best for BA domestic lounges, more than suitable for before a short flight. I havnet been since last year though so hope it hasn't taken a downturn.
nancypants and clubeurope like this.
Old Jun 12, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: QF gold-> platinum
Originally Posted by RobDBA View Post
Seems she 'felt' that she had to leave the lounge rather than actually being told to leave. The only fact here seems to be that BA couldn't provide a high chair, the rest is likely to be he said/she said and unlikely to be proved either way. I would argue that High chairs should be available but the lack of one is a long way away from being thrown out...

Back on topic, I've always found the Edi food to be among the best for BA domestic lounges, more than suitable for before a short flight. I havnet been since last year though so hope it hasn't taken a downturn.
yes Iím not sure about some of that. Iíve eaten with babies on my knee a lot of the time (sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and if thereís no highchair/anywhere appropriate to put the kid down youíre kind of stuck). Devalues the argument a little bit
Old Jun 12, 19, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by RobDBA View Post

It's amazing how many people are 'left in tears' and then run to the papers these days
nancypants and EDIwanderer like this.