FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Plane swap bites again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1973551-plane-swap-bites-again.html)

W213Sal Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am

Plane swap bites again

there goes my chance to fly the 787-9F... was booked on it coming back from LAX on 1st Nov, but seems it's changed to a 744 now. Ticket is issued by AA and is an A class so not sure worth it to change/what penalties are... I suppose I don't mind the 744 it's probably my fav plane, I've been in 1A and 5K before very good seats... but would it be worth ringing up to check if i can swap to A380 or 789? Thanks!

Andriyko Jun 11, 2019 7:48 am

You may actually be able to change to a different flight since the ticket was issued by AA (booked as an AA*BA flight?), and AA allows changes in the event of an equipment change.

W213Sal Jun 11, 2019 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 31191649)
You may actually be able to change to a different flight since the ticket was issued by AA (booked as an AA*BA flight?), and AA allows changes in the event of an equipment change.

Is there a limit on how long they'll allow this? I think it happened last month and I'm only aware of it now, and yess it's AA ticket on all BA metal except for 1 flight which is AA from LAS to LAX

rossmacd Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by W213Sal (Post 31191662)
Is there a limit on how long they'll allow this? I think it happened last month and I'm only aware of it now, and yess it's AA ticket on all BA metal except for 1 flight which is AA from LAS to LAX

No, basically up until the point of departure, but then you will face availability problems most likely if you are looking for the discounted buckets. Therefore, if you know what you would like to change to (and there is availability) I would call up AA sooner rather than later.

KARFA Jun 11, 2019 7:58 am

Originally Posted by W213Sal (Post 31191662)

I haven't heard of a time limit. See AA coc here, the section under “INVOLUNTARY RTG CHANGES - 74” and under D says “SUBSTITUTES A DIFFERENT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT”, but it may only apply for AA operated flights

https://www.aa.com/i18n/Tariffs/AA1.html#0065

(D)INVOLUNTARY REVISED ROUTINGS IF, AT TIME OF DEPARTURE, AA CANCELS A FLIGHT, FAILS TO OPERATE ACCORDING TO SCHEDULE, FAILS TO STOP AT A POINT TO WHICH THE PASSENGER IS DESTINED OR IS TICKETED TO STOP OVER, SUBSTITUTES A DIFFERENT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT OR CLASS OF SERVICE, DENIES BOARDING TO A PASSENGER HOLDING A CONFIRMED RESERVATION BECAUSE THERE IS INSUFFICIENT SPACE ON THE FLIGHT TO ACCOMMODATE HIM, INDUCES A PASSENGER TO SURRENDER VOLUNTARILY HIS CONFIRMED RESERVED SPACE SO THAT ANOTHER PASSENGER IS NOT DENIED BOARDING INVOLUNTARILY, OR REMOVES OR REFUSES PASSAGE TO A PASSENGER IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 25 (REFUSAL TO TRANSPORT - LIMITATIONS OF CARRIER), CARRIER WILL EITHER: NOTE:CHANGE IN SCHEDULE DOES NOT INCLUDE FARE MAJEURE EVENTS AS DEFINED IN RULE 80(C)(4)(B).
  1. CARRY THE PASSENGER ON ANOTHER OF ITS PASSENGER AIRCRAFT ON WHICH SPACE IS AVAILABLE WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGE REGARDLESS OF THE CLASS OF SERVICE; OR
  2. ENDORSE TO ANOTHER CARRIER OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION SERVICE, THE UNUSED PORTION OF THE TICKET FOR PURPOSES OF REROUTING; OR
  3. REROUTE THE PASSENGER TO THE DESTINATION NAMED ON THE TICKET OR APPLICABLE PORTION THEREOF BY ITS OWN OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES; AND, IF THE FARE, EXCESS BAGGAGE CHARGES, AND ANY APPLICABLE SERVICE CHARGE FOR THE REVISED ROUTING OR CLASS OF SERVICE IS HIGHER THAN THE REFUND VALUE OF THE TICKET OR APPLICABLE PORTION THEREOF AS DETERMINED BY RULE 90 (REFUNDS), CARRIER WILL REQUIRE NO ADDITIONAL PAYMENT FROM THE PASSENGER, BUT WILL REFUND THE DIFFERENCE IF IT IS LOWER; OR EXCEPTION:AA WILL REROUTE THE PASSENGER AS PROVIDED ABOVE, BUT WITHOUT STOPOVER AT ANY POINT ON THE REROUTED PORTION OF THE TRIP.
  4. (A)TRANSPORT THE PASSENGER ON ANOTHER ECONOMY CLASS FLIGHT ON WHICH SPACE IS AVAILABLE, OR
    (B)TRANSPORT THE PASSENGER TO THE DESTINATION SHOWN ON ITS PORTION OF THE TICKET ON AA'S NEXT FIRST CLASS FLIGHT ON WHICH SPACE IS AVAILABLE, AT NO ADDITIONAL FARE, IF SO DOING WILL PROVIDE AN EARLIER ARRIVAL THAN THE NEXT ECONOMY CLASS FLIGHT ON WHICH SPACE IS AVAILABLE.
  5. MAKE INVOLUNTARY REFUND IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 90(D)(REFUNDS - INVOLUNTARY).

pmarrsouth Jun 11, 2019 8:31 am

I am surprised that they booked you onto a cargo plane in the first place :P

W213Sal Jun 11, 2019 8:52 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 31191796)
I am surprised that they booked you onto a cargo plane in the first place :P

more exclusive, less seats than first class on the 789, I'm the one full of tricks here!! :D