Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why am I not tempted by a £300 upgrade to CW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why am I not tempted by a £300 upgrade to CW?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by clubman
Why is sleep a factor on a day time flight?
Some people myself included sleep on daytime flights.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:29 pm

When BA are offering upgrades so cheaply, they know they’ll be upgrading people for free and are trying to get some cash.

If you’re happy in WTP anyway, I can see why waiting, doing nothing, and gambling for an op-up is a good idea.

The flight looks full in Y, expect rolling forward of the cabins. Hope you’re one of the lucky ones.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Davidjonesk
When BA are offering upgrades so cheaply, they know they’ll be upgrading people for free and are trying to get some cash.

If you’re happy in WTP anyway, I can see why waiting, doing nothing, and gambling for an op-up is a good idea.

The flight looks full in Y, expect rolling forward of the cabins. Hope you’re one of the lucky ones.
Yes....definitely worth hoping for a freebie. The wife and I have been upgraded both times we booked WT+.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
c) that extra £300 will go a long way on other fripperies of life
Sorry, that's not very FTish. None of the fripperies of life are worth as much as a nice flight to somewhere or other. Bathed in the luxurious environment of CW is an experience beyond Earthly Pleasure.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
............ Bathed in the luxurious environment of CW is an experience beyond Earthly Pleasure.
Must confess ..... this was the very thought that came to mind, when awoken by my 777 seat neighbour as he scrambled over me, whilst trying his best to do so unnoticed
IntVic and Oaxaca like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:53 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Everyone has their own priorities... there are people I know that wouldn't pay even £100 for J class on principal.

There's people who will only shop organic but won't wear anything but Primark clothes, people who will order a £100 bottle of wine at dinner, but walk home in the rain to save 10 quid on a taxi, I recall being in my 20's and having a hand me down phone but the people with the brand new £800 phone had no calling credit.

Many of people on here while they are concerned with the image of never flying anything less than J... but also wouldn't buy anything but the rock bottom sale fares where and when they go are dictated wholly by that.

Enjoy Accra, spend the money on something you want. As I understand it you've a relatively good chance of an upgrade and having your £300 and your seat to sit in too. Fingers crossed aye?
oldone likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
If this is a work trip and you are UK based don't forget you will get half back next April by claiming at as a business expense on your next tax return.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by CT-UK
If this is a work trip and you are UK based don't forget you will get half back next April by claiming at as a business expense on your next tax return.
Thanks, I am on it. Return to LHR now reduced by £60 to £420.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by Davidjonesk

Pleased to report... I am one of the lucky ones to get an upgrade so will be travelling CW upper deck. Wasn't able to get a window seat, but hey I'm grateful for my first ever long haul upgrade
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by kingcole974
If you are going to hit gold this year, then this upgrade should mean you hit it sooner. Meaning more flights that earn 100% extra instead of 50%. And more flights where you can use first lounges and the first security at T5.

And more flights where you may get a special hello on the plane!
Or just get offloaded for no reason even as gold for no reason...see post from thundercat!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.