FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   T3 lounges - OWS/Silver (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1973384-t3-lounges-ows-silver.html)

Takiteasy Jun 10, 2019 5:27 am

T3 lounges - OWS/Silver

I see threads around what is the best lounge in T3 for OWE/Golds but what is the consensus for OWS/Silver - is there even a choice?

ENTP Jun 10, 2019 5:29 am

CX J with noodle bar or QF (just one lounge for F and J)
Don't bother with BA or AA

ratypus Jun 10, 2019 5:31 am

Your choice is American, BA Galleries, Cathay Business or Qantas (for Qantas, the lounge is the same for Silver & Gold)

Cathay Business and Qantas would be the choices, above American and BA. Many online reviews of both lounges (Google is your friend) so you can take your pick - I have never been to Cathay Business (only First) but I was at Qantas last week and it was a really nice space and I imagine really great at the evening hours when the restaurant dining section is running

corporate-wage-slave Jun 10, 2019 5:42 am

Much more information - relevant for both Silver/Sapphire as well as Gold /Emerald - can be found in the main T3 lounge thread, which is in the Forum Dashboard.

Takiteasy Jun 10, 2019 5:58 am

Many thanks. Now safely ensconced at QF trying their dim sum. My first T3 since dropping to Silver!

Deltus Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Takiteasy (Post 31187856)
Many thanks. Now safely ensconced at QF trying their dim sum. My first T3 since dropping to Silver!

Much as I love the QF lounge, if you wanted dim sum, you really should have gone to CX!

Takiteasy Jun 10, 2019 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 31187889)
Much as I love the QF lounge, if you wanted dim sum, you really should have gone to CX!

Thanks for pointing the typo - I did mean CX ! Dim sum is good.

Fatdickie Jun 10, 2019 6:46 am

Silly question., but never been somewhere with a choice of lounges that I can use

Is it permitted to move between the lounges as silver?

can you pop into one for a glass of champagne and some nibbles, then leave and pop into another for something else etc...or once you have registered at one lounge are you not permitted to enter another on the same day?

mzb00 Jun 10, 2019 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 31187949)
Silly question., but never been somewhere with a choice of lounges that I can use

can you pop into one for a glass of champagne and some nibbles, then leave and pop into another for something else etc...or once you have registered at one lounge are you not permitted to enter another on the same day?

There is no problem with lounge hopping. You can see all 4 T3 OW lounges on the same day if you are so inclined.

Brisbane Road Jun 10, 2019 6:58 am

CX J lounge probably the best lounge at Heathrow for me. I'm excluding the CCR as I don't really ever get to travel F.

Tredders Jun 10, 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 31187949)

It's not permitted - it's compulsory :p

Howard Long Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am

If you enjoy cocktails (like me!), the CX J lounge staff seem to know how to make them far better than the crew in QF who seem to need to use a cheat sheet, and sometimes even have to get someone else to do it for them. It's a shame because if you enjoy propping up the bar (like me!) the QF lounge bar upstairs is definitely a more pleasant one to prop up than that in the CX J lounge.

If I were QF, I'd be asking questions why it is, that a supposed high end hospitality brand like Sofitel (who staff the QF lounge), is seemingly so reluctant to invest in training their staff, staff whom I might add are are invariably very pleasant, just that the bar staff are not trained in the bar department.

Assuming I have enough time, I lounge hop between QF, CX J and CX F. BA (J & F) and AA (J & F) are a bit meh for my liking.

BAEC Jun 10, 2019 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Tredders (Post 31188445)
It's not permitted - it's compulsory :p

Absolutely, I did all four a few weeks back. CX, QF, AA, BA in that order 😃

Tonight it’s only the GF at T5 for me.

Amlb Jun 10, 2019 1:58 pm

On the same vein but at the earlier part of the day in T3, any thoughts on early Breakfast options?

We went through the BA lounge a few weeks ago first thing in the morning and whilst it was ok, it was also nothing special. We had to ask for the Champagne which was produced on request but the food range was a bit limited.

Thanks

Deltus Jun 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Amlb (Post 31189385)
On the same vein but at the earlier part of the day in T3, any thoughts on early Breakfast options?

We went through the BA lounge a few weeks ago first thing in the morning and whilst it was ok, it was also nothing special. We had to ask for the Champagne which was produced on request but the food range was a bit limited.

Thanks

What time? First choice would be QF if the a la carte dining is open (from 9:15am?), otherwise CX for hot buffet (sausages, bacon, eggs) or BA for pastries. CX for champagne, QF for coffee. Whatever you do, do not got to AA for coffee - nobody makes that mistake more than once...

gliderpilot Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 31189765)
What time? First choice would be QF if the a la carte dining is open (from 9:15am?), otherwise CX for hot buffet (sausages, bacon, eggs) or BA for pastries. CX for champagne, QF for coffee. Whatever you do, do not got to AA for coffee - nobody makes that mistake more than once...

CX do very good barista coffee also. Just ask at the bar.

BigVince76 Jun 10, 2019 6:37 pm

I'm hoping to tick off all 4 later today! Does the AA lounge offer anything over the others? A nice soup or maybe good cookies? How about views of the planes, do any of them offer a view of the action?

Reetmafreen Jun 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by BigVince76 (Post 31190195)
I'm hoping to tick off all 4 later today! Does the AA lounge offer anything over the others? A nice soup or maybe good cookies? How about views of the planes, do any of them offer a view of the action?

Candy! ;) There are some sweets and to go bags on a ledge in the lounge if you need a sugar rush at some point.

Misco60 Jun 11, 2019 12:02 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76 (Post 31190195)

You'll probably find the answers to all those questions in the dedicated thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ld-lounge.html

TTmex Jun 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Booked a RFS hop from LHR to PRG and didn't notice it was t3 until booked. Departs 7.50pm so will arrive nice and early to enjoy CX food and champagne. Went through their lounges in HKG and their food was fabulous. Couple of gins after in QF.

The _Banking_Scot Jun 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex (Post 31205862)
Booked a RFS hop from LHR to PRG and didn't notice it was t3 until booked. Departs 7.50pm so will arrive nice and early to enjoy CX food and champagne. Went through their lounges in HKG and their food was fabulous. Couple of gins after in QF.

Hi,

Just to advise you ( if not already aware) that the CX lounge could be very busy at thay time as CX has several flights leaving for HKG just before 8pm.

Regards

TBS

TTmex Jun 15, 2019 12:35 pm

So what I hear you saying is that I need to get there in the morning to avoid the rush and get a prime seat? :D

NWIFlyer Jun 15, 2019 12:40 pm

To avoid too many threads being opened on this subject, perhaps members might contribute to the existing substantive thread kindly linked several times above.

/mod