T3 lounges - OWS/Silver

Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
T3 lounges - OWS/Silver

I see threads around what is the best lounge in T3 for OWE/Golds but what is the consensus for OWS/Silver - is there even a choice?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
CX J with noodle bar or QF (just one lounge for F and J)
Don't bother with BA or AA
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Your choice is American, BA Galleries, Cathay Business or Qantas (for Qantas, the lounge is the same for Silver & Gold)

Cathay Business and Qantas would be the choices, above American and BA. Many online reviews of both lounges (Google is your friend) so you can take your pick - I have never been to Cathay Business (only First) but I was at Qantas last week and it was a really nice space and I imagine really great at the evening hours when the restaurant dining section is running
Takiteasy likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Much more information - relevant for both Silver/Sapphire as well as Gold /Emerald - can be found in the main T3 lounge thread, which is in the Forum Dashboard.
Takiteasy and TravelManBiz like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Many thanks. Now safely ensconced at QF trying their dim sum. My first T3 since dropping to Silver!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Many thanks. Now safely ensconced at QF trying their dim sum. My first T3 since dropping to Silver!
Much as I love the QF lounge, if you wanted dim sum, you really should have gone to CX!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
Much as I love the QF lounge, if you wanted dim sum, you really should have gone to CX!
Thanks for pointing the typo - I did mean CX ! Dim sum is good.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Silly question., but never been somewhere with a choice of lounges that I can use

Is it permitted to move between the lounges as silver?

can you pop into one for a glass of champagne and some nibbles, then leave and pop into another for something else etc...or once you have registered at one lounge are you not permitted to enter another on the same day?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Silly question., but never been somewhere with a choice of lounges that I can use

can you pop into one for a glass of champagne and some nibbles, then leave and pop into another for something else etc...or once you have registered at one lounge are you not permitted to enter another on the same day?
There is no problem with lounge hopping. You can see all 4 T3 OW lounges on the same day if you are so inclined.
Fatdickie and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
CX J lounge probably the best lounge at Heathrow for me. I'm excluding the CCR as I don't really ever get to travel F.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fatdickie

It's not permitted - it's compulsory
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
If you enjoy cocktails (like me!), the CX J lounge staff seem to know how to make them far better than the crew in QF who seem to need to use a cheat sheet, and sometimes even have to get someone else to do it for them. It's a shame because if you enjoy propping up the bar (like me!) the QF lounge bar upstairs is definitely a more pleasant one to prop up than that in the CX J lounge.

If I were QF, I'd be asking questions why it is, that a supposed high end hospitality brand like Sofitel (who staff the QF lounge), is seemingly so reluctant to invest in training their staff, staff whom I might add are are invariably very pleasant, just that the bar staff are not trained in the bar department.

Assuming I have enough time, I lounge hop between QF, CX J and CX F. BA (J & F) and AA (J & F) are a bit meh for my liking.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Tredders
It's not permitted - it's compulsory
Absolutely, I did all four a few weeks back. CX, QF, AA, BA in that order 😃

Tonight it’s only the GF at T5 for me.
Fatdickie and Tredders like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
On the same vein but at the earlier part of the day in T3, any thoughts on early Breakfast options?

We went through the BA lounge a few weeks ago first thing in the morning and whilst it was ok, it was also nothing special. We had to ask for the Champagne which was produced on request but the food range was a bit limited.

Thanks

Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Amlb
On the same vein but at the earlier part of the day in T3, any thoughts on early Breakfast options?

We went through the BA lounge a few weeks ago first thing in the morning and whilst it was ok, it was also nothing special. We had to ask for the Champagne which was produced on request but the food range was a bit limited.

Thanks

What time? First choice would be QF if the a la carte dining is open (from 9:15am?), otherwise CX for hot buffet (sausages, bacon, eggs) or BA for pastries. CX for champagne, QF for coffee. Whatever you do, do not got to AA for coffee - nobody makes that mistake more than once...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.