Wiki Posts
Search

BA Amex Vouchers - 6 People

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
BA Amex Vouchers - 6 People

My wife and I both have BA Amex cards and we will have three vouchers available - can we use all three vouchers for six people? I am a GGL member so would use my joker for six people.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Hello bdo21, I'd welcome you but I see you joined before me That said, welcome to the world of posting.

I think I'm right in saying that a Gold Guest List Redemption (joker) is only for us with up to 5 people on the same booking. Not sure whether there's any leeway on a sixth?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:59 pm

GGL Jokers are only good for 5 ...

But I'd believe you could use the vouchers. I've certainly combined vouchers of myself and my wife with a joker on one booking via GGL (although I was refused to do that now just gold).
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
You can only use 2x241 on the same booking. Although between you and your wife you could use all three, you cannot do this with a joker. Ideally you would need two flights to be available for your wife to book, and then use your joker to book the other 4. This would give you separate PNRs but would allow you to use all 3 vouchers.
Ldnn1 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:24 am

I must be missing something but would'nt you only be able to use two as the cardholder(s) has to be part of it ??
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by argonath
I must be missing something but would'nt you only be able to use two as the cardholder(s) has to be part of it ??
You can use two (black card) vouchers in your own name on one booking for yourself+3 - this is a specific term to open the option for a group-of-4 booking. However the option isn't stretched to 3 vouchers in your own name.

That said - I wouldn't dismiss the OP's plan as being impossible (Joker limit of 5 notwithstanding).The 2x241 limit seems to specifically be for 2 of your own vouchers; we know you can use a wife's voucher on your own booking (to extend Joker coverage) so maybe they'll be willing/able to use the wife's as a third.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks everyone - it sounds like I should book using my wife’s voucher with Avios for two and then immediately call BA to use my joker for the remaining four with two vouchers and ask them to allocate seats together.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.