Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Differences between Business and First class that you value

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Differences between Business and First class that you value

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Not on the 747s I flew with.
Its impossible to hold the pax off as they would have to tell wtp to not get up.. 😂
Not my experience either. Thinking back to what I wrote, what I probably value most about F is not having to feel rushed or stressed at any point of the journey. Whether that is at check in, security, lounge, transfer, boarding, onboard service, disembarking etc. And for this Lufthansa probably comes as close to doing it well as flying private or as a VIP would.
MareLuce and TheFlyingCyclist like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Well, given that the UpperDeck CW seats account for a significant minority (<2%) of all the BA CW seats flying on a given day, yes - I am excluding them. Whereas the significant majority of F seats flying on a given day (>90%) do have a decent sized surface.
Oops sorry I missed the smiley on that post.
alexwuk likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Its impossible to hold the pax off as they would have to tell wtp to not get up.. 😂
What? No, the door is between F and W. The FAs stand in front of the W cabin until all F passengers have disembarked (my personal experience in both LAS and SFO)

On the 777 its easier when using the L1 door, you're at the front anyway.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alex67500
Its impossible to hold the pax off as they would have to tell wtp to not get up.
What? No, the door is between F and W. The FAs stand in front of the W cabin until all F passengers have disembarked (my personal experience in both LAS and SFO)
If disembarkation is through door 2, that's impossible. F must walk through the WT+ cabin to get off.

Sometimes the crew ask WT+ to remain seated until F has disembarked, sometimes it works, and sometimes some F passengers are not actually in that much of a hurry to get off anyway.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If disembarkation is through door 2, that's impossible. F must walk through the WT+ cabin to get off.

Sometimes the crew ask WT+ to remain seated until F has disembarked, sometimes it works, and sometimes some F passengers are not actually in that much of a hurry to get off anyway.
I must have been lucky twice then, both times were door 1 for me. But I can see the impracticalities otherwise, yes. And *that* would be awkward!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
I'm not one to judge, but is your wife comfortable with you sharing the pyjamas of another woman?
funny
Deltus likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Most of my BA flying is SIN-SYD (and vice versa) and that's the only leg where I have tried F so far. Three op-ups, one Ł150 upgrade from CW and once when reward availability opened up.

From SYD the ground experience is identical for me (as a GCH) in WT as it is in F, same for SIN as I fine the CCB to be grim.

So it's the things in flight, namely space, better food more attentive service and never having to ask for a top up (When done well). Dine on demand is also nice especially with a long day flight. For a night flight I don't think there is any advantage really as I sleep very well in CW and actually the dine on demand and people "getting their money's worth" as well as more attentive crew can mean that F is a louder cabin. This is especially true for SIN-SYD as the rest of the passengers have usually had more than enough sleep on the first leg!

Overall, I enjoy the experience but would be hard pressed to justify the cost of a cash ticket ever.

I rate the different cabins as:

WT - Survivable
WT+ - Bearable
CW - Fine
F - Enjoyable.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Guess WHAT !!?!!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:38 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Freedom and privacy... never having to stand in a queue like animals in a holding pen, the ***wrufff** sound of the fluffy duvet being shaken out, the twinkle of drinks served in real glassware and the **schweep** of a curtain being aggressively pulled across the aisle excluding the folks at the back from my space.

It just feels civilized.

MareLuce and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by amt
Freedom and privacy... never having to stand in a queue like animals in a holding pen, the ***wrufff** sound of the fluffy duvet being shaken out, the twinkle of drinks served in real glassware and the **schweep** of a curtain being aggressively pulled across the aisle excluding the folks at the back from my space.

It just feels civilized.

But if you go from a A10 bus gate......don’t you get that animal experience.....
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MareLuce
Guess WHAT !!?!!
You booked Club and got an op-up to First?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You booked Club and got an op-up to First?
Better !!

Biopsy: Negative. (took 10 days for final results!)

I've been a saver more than a spender. My life expectancy is back to normal, but now death seems less difficult to imagine. So, I decided to spend. I booked:

1) Seat 2F round trip Austin to Heathrow Payment total: $ 3,512 USD. On Google Flights, this looked like a near all time low for a year.
2) a Sky Suite on a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords on
to be based in Southampton.

I wanted to first ask for advice here on which F seat would be ideal, all things considered. I love how thoroughly topics are analyzed here. However, I was too excited to wait. So I do hope seat 2F won't be tragic ;-).

Last edited by MareLuce; Jul 4, 2019 at 9:16 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I would always opt for BA First over BA Business - I hate the current business layout and will never fly it again. Maybe that will change on the upgrades.

However, I would be perfectly happy in AA Business compared to AA or BA First - although I prefer the service that First gives you.

My order might be AA First/BA First, AA Business, BA Economy, BA Business
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by MareLuce
Better !!

Biopsy: Negative. (took 10 days for final results!)

I wanted to first ask for advice here on which F seat would be ideal, all things considered. I love how thoroughly topics are analyzed here. However, I was too excited to wait. So I do hope seat 2F won't be tragic ;-).

Congratulations on the all clear!!!!

The best seat is actually 2K. 2A if you are left handed. It is to do with the ease of grabbing your champagne glass. Row 2 because you are sufficiently far from either the galley at the front or back.

But that is really the extreme detail. 2F is great too.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Centurion, HH Diam
I've flown F quite a bit, and while the BA first is behind others, it's still the best business product out there. However, I'll go against most here and say that BA's current Club World is a turd of a product to be avoided at all cost.

Flying J on other carriers such as AA is nice enough, but BA's business class is the equivalent of finding an online date where she had a cute picture, but on the date what shows up is a 55 year old Jeremy Clarkson looking old fat dude with a blonde wig who proudly (we're British after all) tells you he "identifies as the picture".

The current Club word is an embarrassment for BA, and frankly they can't update it to the new version fast enough. I will never set foot in the current Club class product again. I'd rather fly the other way around the world just to avoid it.

Last edited by Xonus; Jul 4, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.