Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Differences between Business and First class that you value

Differences between Business and First class that you value

Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:50 pm

No government ministers (although I’ve seen an aide upgraded to first, while the minister stayed in Club).
MareLuce, mhy and redeyedonkey like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
3000TPs for renewal, not 5000?
To keep CCR Card and access, 5,000 required not 3,000
Cymro and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I mainly did it to show off to my older sister. She's a bit of a Hyacinth Bucket and has never flown in F as far as I know.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
3000TPs for renewal, not 5000?
I should make the 3000 so will keep GGL but will lose CCR.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans, freshly squeezed choice of citrus juice or smoothie, steak cooked exactly to your liking, freshly cut bread from the on board bread maker, in season vegetables cooked exactly how you like them, perfect Yorkshire pudding if flying on Sunday, choice of freshly cooked Benedicts, chauffeur service from CCR to aircraft, exclusive use of own wardrobe and overhead locker.
Complimentary shoe polishing, ironing service.
Qatar Airways and Spanish like this.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Jun 9, 2019 at 3:52 pm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by richardwft
Coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans, freshly squeezed choice of citrus juice or smoothie, steak cooked exactly to your liking, freshly cut bread from the on board bread maker, in season vegetables cooked exactly how you like them, perfect Yorkshire pudding if flying on Sunday, choice of freshly cooked Benedicts, chauffeur service from CCR to aircraft, exclusive use of own wardrobe and overhead locker.
Complimentary shoe polishing, ironing service.
And then I woke up...
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In all seriousness, Hyacinth Bucket aside. I've only had four BA F flights and despite a couple of ''high-maintenance' type moans which can happen to those not used to the high life I've enjoyed them all. It's definitely a cut above CW in every department. At least it was when I flew them.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:10 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Soon I'm flying CW LHR-LAS and F back from LAX, (GUF) and I genuinely regret paying an extra 300 for first. I value a bed highly, everything else in CW is quite adequate (first world terms not vs other airlines) and I'd rather not try anything more fancy (its bad enough getting used to turning left, Y seems so much worse now).

I would certainly appreciate the better lounges in F over CW thought if I wasn't Gold, Qantas First in LAX and sit down dining, great, and Cathay F lounge in LHR
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
For me, the noticeable difference on board is the level of service. CW can feel a tad like youre on a (very comfortable) production line. Flying F, with a good crew, is different because they make you feel as though you are the only customer and you can have what you want when you would like it.
I agree totally on CW particularly if you are in window seats, there really isn't a way to have extended interaction unless the FA talks over the passenger in the aisle. I think the new reverse hering bone CW will really allow cabin crew to improve the service level.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Separate lounge.
Car services.
Personalised onboard services.
Space and privacy.
Less waiting, small cabin.
Special security lanes.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
If using a 2 for 1 to the USA then I will always take first westbound if I can. Otherwise on my own dime, I will be choosing an AA flight where I will enjoy most the benefits listed earlier and a great selection of lounges in J
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:45 pm

I only use BA F to avoid the disaster that is CW on day flights, otherwise it is AA J, for routes I’m interested in.
Xonus and Oaxaca like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
I treat myself to F once or twice a year.

For me, it is (in this order):
The seat (ample space, storage room, comfort of the seat itself, leg room galore for stretching)
The better bed (bigger, longer, wider, sturdier (not cobbled together with a foot rest), good bedding and PJs)
The privacy (hardly see or interact with other pax the whole flight, no drop-down screens or needing to climb over others)
The smaller cabin (usually less noise, less traffic to or waiting at the toilets, etc.)
The access to comfortable lounges on the ground
The larger baggage allowance
The service (food, drinks, snacks, faster and more individual service with less pax, etc.)
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bnfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
The chance that instead of the small second meal, you could strike lucky and be served another (late dining) passengers main meal
joejet, YacozA, MareLuce and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by DominicB
My take is different to the earlier posts, and I value F fairly highly over J. Going to the UK (I live in the USA), I am keen to get the most sleep I can on the seven hours or so journey from Chicago. I find I sleep far far better in First. It is smaller and quieter, and the bed/PJ experience is better. So the first blessing for me is that I really do much better on sleep and am thus ready for a full day of business on landing.
... and just to prove that we're all different, I actively choose J on the sleeper service from Chicago over F. (In fact, I just made an Avios redemption on BA294 on a 241 from the UK, and chose J even though there was F availability and the increase in cost would have been only ~10,000 Avios per person and no difference in fees). I don't eat or drink at all on that service, and my favourite place to sleep is 62A/K - loads of room, no one bothers you, v quiet and private, and the proximity to the emergency exits means that the sleeping area is quite cool.

If you are BAEC Gold or OWE, you get a lot of the advantages of F anyway (First class check in / First Wing at LHR; first class lounge access; free seat selection; etc.). When flying from LHR T3, you can access the best OneWorld lounge in the terminal regardless of your class of travel. Without status, I think I would value F far more than I currently do.

Last edited by hearingdouble; Jun 10, 2019 at 2:42 am Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.