FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Booked but not ticketed ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1973231-booked-but-not-ticketed.html)

kingcole974 Jun 9, 2019 4:17 am

Booked but not ticketed ?

Anyone familiar with this?

I was booking Y reward seats to HEL and back over the weekend of 22nd June. Online I selected the AY flight going out and the BA flight home. I then got a message saying this could not be completed online, so I called the gold line.

After a few holds I was told the flights were booked but I would have to call back to confirm when they are ticketed. I wish I had asked more at this point. I didn’t even ask when I should call back.

The Avios have not been taken but the flight is showing in MMB. I have been able to select seats on the returning plane. On the outbound AY flight I can see the seats I’ve be allocated but can’t change them.

Any suggestions as to when I should call or how one looks online to see if ticketing has taken place?

On a side note, are there any benefits for gold in Y on AY? And do AY do similar theoretical seating?

Scandinavian traveler Jun 9, 2019 4:20 am

It takes up to a week to get ticketed. I believe they can only store the CVV for 7 days, so they have to ticket it within a week.

If you’re not ticketed in a week you should give BA a call.

KARFA Jun 9, 2019 5:09 am

This is very odd. I can’t see why this shouldn’t have ticketed automatically and straight away?

btw any reason you didn’t book it as two one ways? The taxes/fees/charges for the inbound on BA may be less than the RFS fee.

Anonba Jun 9, 2019 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler (Post 31184696)
It takes up to a week to get ticketed. I believe they can only store the CVV for 7 days, so they have to ticket it within a week.

If you’re not ticketed in a week you should give BA a call.

For reissues a week would be about average yes but from what i can tell this is a brand new ticket. For a new ticket usually payment and ticket issue are completed straightaway on the phone. Even if it needed to be done manually it would be ticketed in probably half an hour at most. It is important as well if there is no ticket that one is issued ASAP as BA and other carriers flights will cancel out without a ticket. Call back now and check if there is a ticket issued is my advice.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 9, 2019 5:45 am

And the way to check if you have been ticketed is to use the BA App with the flight details, you're looking for a number starting 125-, towards the lower section of the screen. An email will also come but that seems to often be delayed an hour or two, at least for my email providers.

Often1 Jun 9, 2019 6:41 am

I would call BA. This was not a complex ticket and there is nothing which ought to hold it up. But, as others note, the CVV is deleted after 7 days for security reasons. Thus, important to call in before that happens, eliminating the risk that the system tries to ticket, cannot find a payment form to charge, and cancels.

Anonba Jun 9, 2019 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 31184975)
I would call BA. This was not a complex ticket and there is nothing which ought to hold it up. But, as others note, the CVV is deleted after 7 days for security reasons. Thus, important to call in before that happens, eliminating the risk that the system tries to ticket, cannot find a payment form to charge, and cancels.

This isnt a reissue though so it should be ticketed straightaway, the ticketing you are talking about that takes 7 days is for reissues only.

kingcole974 Jun 9, 2019 8:32 am

I think the issue was simply that the reward fights showing on AY were not enabling myself online or the agent over the phone to book. I should have asked more questions.

And in all honesty, I totally forgot about doing this as 2 x one ways. It is indeed cheaper, although I don’t know what I have to pay yet anyhow as my card wasn’t taken for taxes. I think the AY flight may be more than £17.50 one way as it’s not RFS.

EDIT: Ticket number for both flights is blank