Adding car hire to an ex EU itinerary

Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Adding car hire to an ex EU itinerary

Hi

Quick question about adding car hire.

I have an ex EU itinerary and want to book car hire for one of the locations for the trip (I wasn't expecting to need this but circumstances have changed). If I book on BA, then I get the option to link the car hire to the trip (and there's a message/warning something to the effect that within 24 hours this will change the status of the booking (I guess it becomes a package). My question is what are the pros and cons of linking the car hire to the flights, versus leaving it as stand alone?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
I don't think there is any benefit linking it to your flights?

I've used BA to book Avis car hire as its own standalone booking (I'd flown to the destination on QR!). I got a reference number and the Avis office had everything ready and waiting for me. I will be doing the same again next week (although I am on BA for that trip). I still got BA spend avios on my AMEX, avios from BA holidays and bonus avios for Avis bookings that were running at the time.
AlisonB84 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.