FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Amenity kits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1973132-amenity-kits.html)

kaizenflying Jun 8, 2019 7:36 am

Amenity kits

How many regular travellers still take the First/Club amenity kit and do you really use all the contents, especially as lip balm seems to last forever. I've been declining these lately and started using up the remaining contents of previously given White Company bags - and there's an element of guilt around plastic wastage involved, too, I suppose. The crew member on my last Tokyo to London jokingly said I could have as many as I wanted as no one was taking them.

The _Banking_Scot Jun 8, 2019 7:43 am

Hi,

I do . My mother uses some of the contents and give a few to local charities. The old elemis bags I found useful for putting shoes in them prior to going into the suitcase.

Regards

TBS

Jimmie76 Jun 8, 2019 7:48 am

I do as they come in useful for presents.

Gastrocnemius Jun 8, 2019 9:58 am

I do, but I don't like the lip balm....

LCY8737 Jun 8, 2019 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76 (Post 31182551)
I do as they come in useful for presents.

Who would want a cheap toothbrush and a tiny amount of lip balm?

HMPS Jun 8, 2019 10:17 am

Always collect them, hand out to others who never fly premium, (eye masks, socks are good for almost anyone).the gags are good storage items for knick knacks.

BlueThroughCrimp Jun 8, 2019 10:22 am

The First eye masks are great for getting some sleep in when on shift work.
I ended up buying an F kit from ebay when the last of my own F supply got a bit passed usable.

JAXBA Jun 8, 2019 10:22 am

Recent thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...nity-kits.html

EDIwanderer Jun 8, 2019 11:45 am

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 31182890)
Always collect them, hand out to others who never fly premium, (eye masks, socks are good for almost anyone).the gags are good storage items for knick knacks.

Gags!? What on Earth goes on up the front on long-haul! Just so I know what to expect next month! :D

Jimmie76 Jun 8, 2019 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 31182889)

I have a few friends who we only exchange small not very serious presents at birthdays and Christmas. The bags are great for this, for example my (now ex-housemate) absolutely loves her F pyjamas and Liberty washbag. She's not likely to fly F anytime soon.

fotographer Jun 8, 2019 1:02 pm

Give them away to Children hospitals, to date with over 20+years of flying.. over 700 , and still counting..
the nurses tell me the kids just love it... almost as much as the parents that try to snag them

dougzz Jun 8, 2019 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 31182889)

My God daughter, who can guilt trip you with a single glance should you have tampered with the contents.

r22r44bell47 Jun 8, 2019 3:58 pm

Usually take F but not J, current one not too bad with semi-decent sized contents. F jammies continue to go down hill though (personal favourites are JAL F product). Bags don’t get kept as still using Annya (?) Hindmarsh soft and hard bags.

dddc Jun 8, 2019 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp (Post 31182903)
The First eye masks are great for getting some sleep in when on shift work.
I ended up buying an F kit from ebay when the last of my own F supply got a bit passed usable.

I have some cotton J eye masks from the Molton Brown amenity kit days that I still take with me on trips now and they seem to survive a go in my washing machine now and then. Is the one with the Elmis bag cotton or polyester/nylon etc? The don't seem to breathe as well as the old waffle type ones and my eyes sweat in them, so I use the old ones on board.

RB211 Jun 9, 2019 1:22 am

Originally Posted by EDIwanderer (Post 31183073)
Gags!? What on Earth goes on up the front on long-haul! Just so I know what to expect next month! :D

HMPS requests the BDSM amenity kits!

rb211.