Amenity kits

Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by dddc
I have some cotton J eye masks from the Molton Brown amenity kit days that I still take with me on trips now and they seem to survive a go in my washing machine now and then. Is the one with the Elmis bag cotton or polyester/nylon etc? The don't seem to breathe as well as the old waffle type ones and my eyes sweat in them, so I use the old ones on board.
Don't seem to be polyester.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I must admit I hoard amenity kits. I find the dental kit quite useful to put in my pocket in situations when I think there may be a possibility that I need to spend/crash the night away from home, but don't think it's sufficiently high risk to properly pack an overnight bag.
mrow and EDIwanderer like this.

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; Jun 9, 2019 at 8:18 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:02 am

I tend to take other airlines ones, especially if they have a useful reusable bag. However, the BA ones are some of the lowest quality ones that I have seen, the bags look terrible. I generally have a use for the lip balm and tooth brushes, but nothing else.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by jah718
I tend to take other airlines ones, especially if they have a useful reusable bag. However, the BA ones are some of the lowest quality ones that I have seen, the bags look terrible. I generally have a use for the lip balm and tooth brushes, but nothing else.
I really like the Virgin Premium Economy ones for this reason - they're nice and durable for cables and other bits and bobs

BA J washbags are a bit meh in comparison but no-where near as meh as the CX ones

Last edited by dajdavies; Jun 9, 2019 at 7:53 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by RB211
HMPS requests the BDSM amenity kits!

rb211.
Only on BA, am glutton for BDSM !
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
BA and other airlines should really adopt the Singapore Airlines approach and not offer amenity kits in business class. This would prevent waste and just offer all the amenities you’d get in a kit on demand. I think the only things they offer proactively are socks and eyeshades.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by icegirl
BA and other airlines should really adopt the Singapore Airlines approach and not offer amenity kits in business class. This would prevent waste and just offer all the amenities youd get in a kit on demand. I think the only things they offer proactively are socks and eyeshades.
I'm sure that would be very well received here... Not! I can almost see the headline now... "BA fully enhances amenity kits in CW..."

rb211.
HMPS and luka25 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by RB211
I'm sure that would be very well received here... Not! I can almost see the headline now... "BA fully enhances amenity kits in CW..."

rb211.
Guaranteed at least nine pages in 24 hours .
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I do . My mother uses some of the contents and give a few to local charities. The old elemis bags I found useful for putting shoes in them prior to going into the suitcase.

Regards

TBS
Agreed. The old Elemis bag has many uses - simple and functional. The news ones are too small. The Elemis product is also superior to the current offerings - I dont even know what the brand is! The only improvement in my view are the eye shades, which are a lot better than the old ones.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
I like the Temperley bag, but the White Company ones I could do without as they are kinda crap and cheap. I usually ransack the contents for earplugs (for concerts), eyeshades if they are a good size (luv an eyeshade), and maybe a pen/lip balm or the dental kits. Honestly, a lot of times the other product either causes me to break out, smells funny, or causes some other sort of allergic reaction that I tend to avoid on the whole and hand over to others to use.

The socks are good for putting on your hands in order to dust quickly and efficiently!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
The socks are good for putting on your hands in order to dust quickly and efficiently!
Id never thought of this - nice idea!

Never known why airline socks always have the horrible unnatural seam at the end which makes them really uncomfortable to wear.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
Haha, that's a new one for me. I must try that!

I use them (brand new, unused) to protect wine bottles before putting them into wine carriers I think I got that idea from this forum too.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Never known why airline socks always have the horrible unnatural seam at the end which makes them really uncomfortable to wear.
Because they are cheap!

rb211.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.