Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checking in luggage at LGW even before positioning flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond

Hi

I know similar questions have been posed & answered but I'm on my phone and struggling a bit with the search tbh...

So, I am soon to fly:

11:15 LGW JER 12:20 (PNR 1)
then
13:05 JER LGW 14:10 (PNR 2)
16:45 LGW CTA 20:55 (PNR 2)

To save money and reduce time stress if I had to retrieve from left luggage, I would like to check in my bag for LGW-CTA at say 08:00, before even flying LGW-JER.

Does anyone have any recent experience of doing so ? How did it go ?

Thanks in advance !
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It should be possible, so long as you select "Not sure" on the baggage count for OLCI for JER-CTA. You can then use the self tagging machines, we know that works, or presumably the First check-in area. But it's always good to have a Plan B in case the computer says no. No recent reports of that, but has happened in the past.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
We did this a couple of months ago at LGW with no problems.

Flew TRN - LGW - JFK (booked as a single trip with LGW connection) and were able to “part check” the baggage in for the LGW - JFK leg. We chose the “not sure” baggage option and just showed the JFK boarding pass and said that as our destination when dropping.

We dropped at the club bag drop desk with a person rather than the machines. We dropped at about 8am for a 16:00 JFK flight (position flight was about 9am to TRN).

All fine and no problems for us.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.