Phoenix Az First lounge

Old Jun 6, 19, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Phoenix Az First lounge

So disappointing. As a treat we decided to fly to Phoenix and return First Class. Upon arrival for our return at Sky Harbour we found the lounge closed for refurbishment and the temporary lounge extremely disappointing. No champagne at all only cheap prosecco, gin and tonic awash with tonic so very diluted and the food terrible. The lounge was only slightly better than going downstairs and paying for decent food by the seating. The seating itself was set put in rows and was like sitting in a bus. Come on guys this ruined our return and even though it was marked as temporary, get it right before closing the real lounge for refurbishment.
Old Jun 6, 19, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Gold FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
I agree
BA Lounge in PHX
Old Jun 6, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
When will the F lounge reopen? Access for Gold? Or only F pax.. Can't recall the phx lounge from last year. No impression I guess.lol
Old Jun 6, 19, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Outstation lounges generally are a bit not-great. I still remember PVG - and not in a good way...

On the other hand, F lounges in most hubs tend to be pretty decent...
Old Jun 6, 19, 7:32 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Mungojerrie View Post
So disappointing. As a treat we decided to fly to Phoenix and return First Class. Upon arrival for our return at Sky Harbour we found the lounge closed for refurbishment and the temporary lounge extremely disappointing. No champagne at all only cheap prosecco, gin and tonic awash with tonic so very diluted and the food terrible. The lounge was only slightly better than going downstairs and paying for decent food by the seating. The seating itself was set put in rows and was like sitting in a bus. Come on guys this ruined our return and even though it was marked as temporary, get it right before closing the real lounge for refurbishment.
Did you write to Customer Relations about it? It's not enough to post here. You need to give feedback to BA (both positive and negative) so they know that their customers are not happy. Who knows? They may even give you some Avios as compensation ...
Old Jun 6, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
The only real benefit to using the designated BA lounge at PHX is its proximity to the gate. The F lounge there is a bit of a hutch, and I don't think they have ever served champagne. The food offerings are slightly better than the AA lounges but I think the ambience and the drink selection is better with AA, especially the larger upstairs lounge (I recall which pier it's on).

I'd definitely agree about giving feedback to BA.
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Well as of today the lounges at B22 have closed and the temporary lounge is at the beginning of the pier in a portion of corridor appropriated for the purpose. There is even a sign to 'Baggage Claim' dangling from the middle of the ceiling! So for those who like to moan I suggest a trip to Phoenix where you will find ample reasons to complain. I have to say, however, that the staff have been so friendly and proactive that I don't mind the arrangement at all. A couple of managers are circulating, checking we are all o.k. and promising that the new lounge(s) will be wonderful when they open later in the year.
Old Jun 18, 19, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Sounds like instead of the J Lounge we will be heading to the Admirals Club for our return in a couple of weeks. I know it's a bit more walking, but this temporary lounge sounds a bit grim.