Overnight at LHR

Old Jun 5, 19, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus
Overnight at LHR

Hi,

My family and I are flying AGP-LHR-ORD, we arrive at LHR around 22:30 to T5 with BA and we leave the following morning from T3 with AA. This is all a single BA ticket. I have some of questions:

-Will my luggage be tag directly to ORD in Malaga? Will we have to pick them at LHR?

-I have booked a hotel in T4, should I go from T5 to T4 using the internal flight connections bus or go through passport control in T5 and then take the bus outside?

-The following morning can I go through security in T4 and then take an internal bus to T3 or I should first get to T3 using the train and then clear security there?

Thanks very much
Old Jun 5, 19, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If it's one ticket then your bags should be through checked. The default is that it is checked to the USA but you can ask for them to be returned in LHR if you prefer.

I would certainly take Flight Connections to T4 provided you don't have any bags to pick up. But you are arriving very late, so the bus service may have stopped and even if it is running the interval may be bad. So just exit at T5 and take the free public TfL bus to T4, it has a fairly good service frequency.

You can't enter T4 without a T4 boarding pass, so just take the Heathrow Express or TfL Rail (not the tube, too slow and the layout is unhelpful) to T3.
Old Jun 5, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I would take the public TfL (red double decker) bus both ways

From T5 to T4 go to stop 7 on the arrivals level and take either the 482 towards Southall or 490 towards Richmond

From T4 to T5 go to stop 7 on the arrivals level and take either the 482 or 490 towards Heathrow Terminal 5

Both journeys are free, you can just board without saying or doing anything

Your luggage will go through, or you can ask to get it back at Heathrow given the overnight stop
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
Both journeys are free, you can just board without saying or doing anything
Though you could say hello to the driver. They may well grunt in return
tynmar likes this.
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus
Thanks for the help.

In the morning I have to go from T4 to T3, so I think train may be best.
Old Jun 6, 19, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
For what it's worth, if you're at the Hilton for the points it may be easier to stay at one of the two HGIs, either at T2 or at Hatton Cross, rather than doing T5-T4 landside, which is a bit of a trek and kind of defeats the purpose of a "terminal" hotel.

If you're at the Premier Inn or another hotel, there may be other reasons for being there.