Community
Wiki Posts
Search

vomit on a seat (news story)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:30 am
Suspended

To serve to vomit...
mrow, FlyerTalker39574 and tynmar like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
The scientist in me says that coincidence, however implausible, is still a statistical error on which you can't build a trend. But it's still gross...
It certainly throws up some interesting facts....
moondog, IAMORGAN, mrow and 8 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Ok - on a recent LHR -> AUH flight in WT+ I had dried vomit on the seatbelt and floor. The crew were mortified, moved me to Club, put the seat out of use and crew members briefed by the CSM.
I took the return flight 26 hours later - same crew - and was again apologised to by more than one crew member.

I can’t speak for others experiences - and it is a major failure make no mistake - but the crew that I travelled with did all they could to recover.

mrow, flygirl68, HMPS and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by malkie
Shouldn’t have to do this, but I check everything when I sit down, including the drawer and foot stool. Frequently end up using the hot towel to clean the table.

There’s no way cleaners should have missed that, unless they don’t drop the foot stools on their rounds ?
I do the same, on every airline, every time I travel. Especially to check the seat functions as expected...so if you've seen a crazy idiot fully reclining his seat before takeoff, you may have travelled with me!

A bad experience on AA in a non-reclining J seat that I discovered an hour after takeoff from DFW quickly taught me the power of being in a position to say “ok, I accept there are no spare seats, I would like to get off now then and take a different flight with a fully functioning seat” vs relying on customer service goodwill gestures later. AA customer service did their best to make things right, but I would have easily forgone the customer service gestures for a fully functioning seat as all I wanted to do was sleep, not sit upright for the flight.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
"He said that, as a BA Silver Member, he was surprised about the lack of response."

There is a conspiracy he had a DYKWIA moment and plotted the whole thing.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:12 am

I once spilt some red wine on a BA A380 (upstairs, Economy, window, bulkhead). It was on top of, and ran into, the side storage compartment.

I was embarrassed and did my best to clean it up with paper towel but it was dark, I was tired, and didn’t do the best job.

Anyhow, point being, fast forward 3 months and I found myself on the same aircraft, same seat, and you can probably guess the rest.

My red wine spill was still there to greet me inside the compartment as I opened the lid :-)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
I really don’t understand why is anyone surprised here. BA’s fleet is a very dirty and it comes down to BA cutting cleaning costs amongst others. Traveled with other airlines and all of them manage to have decent cabins except may be Tunisair. But hey we can all be amazed at the profits BA does every year.
amt, HMPS and rickg523 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
OP This is one of the most disgusting photos To sit in that seat (let alone sleep,( I couldn't have done it) is the height of disregard of normal , customary .service delivery.,

I would have demanded a move even to F if CW was full or a downgrade to lesser class with a FULL refund or a DIVERSION ! Sounds radical but no way am I going to sit in the vomit for fear of catching something
Go after a full refund and an apology from a senior manager Enlarge the photo as a paper copy and send it to Mr Walsh and Board members.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BA6948
I really don’t understand why is anyone surprised here. BA’s fleet is a very dirty and it comes down to BA cutting cleaning costs amongst others.
i admit I am surprised because my experience is telling me otherwise. When I fly BA I find the cabin and seat areas consistently clean.

That being said, the photo of the footstool in the Sun article does look disgusting to me.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by malkie
There’s no way cleaners should have missed that, unless they don’t drop the foot stools on their rounds ?
They majority only drop the footstools to have a nap or watch the IFE instead of cleaning.

(this is not even tongue in cheek, as an ex-engineer, seen it all first hand)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by HMPS
OP… Go after a full refund and…
Deep breath; the OP wasn't, AFAIK, the victim here. They shared an article. Your hyperbolic advice goes into the ether…

FULL refund or a DIVERSION !

A significant refund and/or gesture is definitely due.
burnsie21 and HMPS like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
i admit I am surprised because my experience is telling me otherwise. When I fly BA I find the cabin and seat areas consistently clean.
lol really?

My twitter IM feed is full of pics I share with the BA team of CE and CW dirty seats. It's a scandal frankly...
amt and HMPS like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Good thing they didn't have you as the cleaner... clearly you missed some spots

Originally Posted by crazyegg
I once spilt some red wine on a BA A380 (upstairs, Economy, window, bulkhead). It was on top of, and ran into, the side storage compartment.

I was embarrassed and did my best to clean it up with paper towel but it was dark, I was tired, and didn’t do the best job.

Anyhow, point being, fast forward 3 months and I found myself on the same aircraft, same seat, and you can probably guess the rest.

My red wine spill was still there to greet me inside the compartment as I opened the lid :-)
orlando flyer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Deep breath; the OP wasn't, AFAIK, the victim here. They shared an article. Your hyperbolic advice goes into the ether…

A significant refund and/or gesture is definitely due.
Thank you. I stand corrected. ^
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
Having only flown Bangkok Air the other day some poor young girl travelling with her parents unfortunately threw up.
The crew were on it like a flash with their biohazard gloves, masks and cleaning products.
The family of three were moved further back in the plane as it was not full, in the meantime while 3 of the crew cleaned up the mess for a good 10mins.
They even changed the seat cushion cover, although I'm not sure if they took one from a spare seat or not.
The aircrew constantly sprayed freshener in the cabin and asked passengers nearby if they wanted to move seats.
Now that was impressive service...

What bothers me about this BA incident is why didn't the person who created this vomit alert the crew? That would've at least created a log somewhere I hope for it to be attended too on turnaround, if not by the crew there and then
It doesn't even look as if the vomitter has even attempted to clean it up themselves. That is the most disgusting part of this story I find...
pilot007, HMPS and Fatdickie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.