Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Basic economy baggage allowance - issue with BA app?

Basic economy baggage allowance - issue with BA app?

Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear. Under US law, the baggage allowance for a ticket originating or terminating in the US is the allowance for the marketing carrier of the first segment. US law would apply here as this is a BOS departure. Thus, the AA allowance for BE.

OP can confirm all of this by looking at his e-ticket receipt. US law also requires that it display the allowance as well as the fees, if any, for the first and second checked bags.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
Just to be clear. Under US law, the baggage allowance for a ticket originating or terminating in the US is the allowance for the marketing carrier of the first segment. US law would apply here as this is a BOS departure. Thus, the AA allowance for BE.

OP can confirm all of this by looking at his e-ticket receipt. US law also requires that it display the allowance as well as the fees, if any, for the first and second checked bags.
This is however the return of a ticket that originated in Milan. I flew AA inbound and now BA back even if on an AA flight number and ticket. I assume this changes things?
​​
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Danusa86
This is however the return of a ticket that originated in Milan. I flew AA inbound and now BA back even if on an AA flight number and ticket. I assume this changes things?
​​
You should check your e-ticket receipt and what it lists as the baggage allowance. AA's allowance is zero bags for BE fares, but AA waives the bag fees for OW elites on AA operated flights. If your OWS allowance on AA flights somehow found its way onto the ticket and became the ticketed allowance you have a case as BA will have to honour the ticketed allowance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.