Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reward flights, has something changed? [Inventory boost on TATL routes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward flights, has something changed? [Inventory boost on TATL routes]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Edinflyer
I had lots of alerts set up for August (reward flight finder) and most of them triggered on 1 June - I managed to book return First flights to LAX. Thanks BA for opening up the additional availability :-)
Snap. I noticed last week my return opened up (Tuesday) then on Saturday (1st June) the outbound came on. There was even 5 x First Class to Vancouver showing at T-355 on A380!

HfP mat have killed it. Not slating the site at all by the way
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Sounds like the intern has been at work
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Thank you BA for saving me a joker... As the old adage goes: you've got to make hay while the sun shines.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Thank you BA for saving me a joker... As the old adage goes: you've got to make hay while the sun shines.
happy days. One co worker got 6F seats. Not bad on a 8 F cabin 787!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:47 am

New York has all gone but Boston still has loads and I’m booking that for me and my two brother in laws with avios and a 241.
However, it looks like the wife won regards upgrading my New York trip.....ie, it ain’t happening now. ��
(as per my other thread)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
CWLCY to JFK (which is still available) and ORD-LHR in F on the A380 (which is not) booked for my dad and I to do a trip next April. Sleeper room on the Amtrak Lakeshore service to get us between the two.

Looking forward to it!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
I upgraded an Avios redemption from J to F on the 1st when I noticed the availability. Slightly worried that I haven’t been charged and it hasn’t been ticketed yet.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by strickers
I upgraded an Avios redemption from J to F on the 1st when I noticed the availability. Slightly worried that I haven’t been charged and it hasn’t been ticketed yet.
I’m the same! I upgraded inbound on 29th and had the Avios debited from my account. Upgraded the outbound on 1st but no Avios debited. I’ve got seats confirmed in First on both legs so not sure if I should call BA to tell them of the error or chance it.

What do we think? Can BA push us both back to J?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K

I’m the same! I upgraded inbound on 29th and had the Avios debited from my account. Upgraded the outbound on 1st but no Avios debited. I’ve got seats confirmed in First on both legs so not sure if I should call BA to tell them of the error or chance it.

What do we think? Can BA push us both back to J?
I’m not sure. They have taken the Avios so that makes me feel a tiny bit better.
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:16 am

Still not ticketed for me!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:23 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by 2ilent8cho
So i have been saving my Avios for years, and always browsed availability to New York and First Class seats are usually available but not lots and anymore than 2 seats and you start to be really limited. Well i just checked BA Redemption finder and i can get a flight almost any day in First from July onwards. Even changing it to wanting 6 seats in First with Avios redemption i can pick almost any day, have they changed the rules so redemption have access to the same seats as full price? I've never ever seen so many seats available.
I was expecting to have to use a GGL redepemtion for a F class seat in late July/early August but yeah you are right 3-6+ seats available on almost every LHR-JFK. It’s nice to have your pick of any flight.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards, BA Executive Club
I have never seen LON-NYC so unavailable for a short notice Club World redemption. No returns available in June at all.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by CityRules
I have never seen LON-NYC so unavailable for a short notice Club World redemption. No returns available in June at all.
Judging by the trajectory of this thread, what BA Gods giveth, the BA Gods taketh away...
Mike Skyflier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.