Asia Tier point runs

Old Jun 2, 19, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Asia Tier point runs

Can anyone recommend an Asia run netting maximum points with two + changes please?

will be doing an ex Eu so London to Europe then on to DOH wirh QR and from there I donít really mind.

Not too concerned with price as Iíll be booking during the next QR sale but would like some ideas of routing for maximum point return.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by est1982 View Post
Can anyone recommend an Asia run netting maximum points with two + changes please?

will be doing an ex Eu so London to Europe then on to DOH wirh QR and from there I donít really mind.

Not too concerned with price as Iíll be booking during the next QR sale but would like some ideas of routing for maximum point return.

Thanks in advance.
You need to give us a bit more info in order to elicit useful feedback.
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Have a look at the AUH-CMB-CGK run, 560TP and very cheap.
MH often has good intra Asia deals. QR will most of the time be the best compromise between price, TP's and comfort.

EDIT: I read your post the wrong way. You can't really do anything better than EU-DOH-XXX with QR. There are no special tricks or better routings to my knowledge.
You could built in a stopover and nest the AUH-CGK run in between.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
You need to give us a bit more info in order to elicit useful feedback.
such as?? Iím just looking for routing options right now
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

est1982 Welcome to FT

Will be doing an ex Eu so London to Europe then on to DOH with QR and from there I don’t really mind.

Not too concerned with price as I’ll be booking during the next QR sale but would like some ideas of routing for maximum point return.
Is this for BAEC or another ffp?
Are threads in the BA forum on this topic
----> BA Tier Point Runs | 2019 master thread
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
est1982 Welcome to FT

Is this for BAEC or another ffp?
Are threads in the BA forum on this topic
Yes itís for BA and thanks for the info, will have a look over there shortly 👍🏼
Old Jun 2, 19, 9:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory

Yes it’s for BA and thanks for the info, will have a look over there shortly ����
I am based in Singapore and if I need points II do a nice Sin-KUL-TPE vv in business on Malaysia Airlines for about GBP 700 (sometimes less sometimes more) and get 360 points..
Shanghai and Beijing are slightly more expensive but you likely need a visa.
Seoul is good too but a bit longer flight,
There are so many options, so key to know is, how much time do you have, what is your starting point, where do you want to go etc.

Globalist
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Jun 2, 19, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

such as?? Iím just looking for routing options right now
Well, you could have stated the name of the FFP, for starters. My guess was that it was BA, but we have a dedicated BA forum here. Since you posted to the "information desk", more info is needed.
Old Jun 2, 19, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Globalist View Post
I am based in Singapore and if I need points II do a nice Sin-KUL-TPE vv in business on Malaysia Airlines for about GBP 700 (sometimes less sometimes more) and get 360 points..
Shanghai and Beijing are slightly more expensive but you likely need a visa.
Seoul is good too but a bit longer flight,
There are so many options, so key to know is, how much time do you have, what is your starting point, where do you want to go etc.

Globalist
Have you tried CX in J CMB/HKG/CGK - around SGD1,600 - 560 TP? or

MH in J KTM/KUL/TPE for 560 TP for SGD 1,400?

A couple of ASEAN routes ex JHB on MH in J are also good value; something to do over a couple of weekends.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Jun 2, 19, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Bom or del can be seen around 550 EU from Asia giving 360 tp on MH on their sale.
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:23 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FT. In addition to the Tier Point Run thread above, there is also an ideal thread for this sort of thing:

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft]

Old Jun 3, 19, 1:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
Originally Posted by LondonAndy View Post
Welcome to FT. In addition to the Tier Point Run thread above, there is also an ideal thread for this sort of thing:

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft]

Not really as none of these are BA fares. The relation here is BAEC and partner airlines.
I previously posted something in a BA thread and was basically scolded for going off topic

Globalist
Old Jun 3, 19, 2:56 am
Suspended

You can do AUH-CMB-CGK but postioning from DOH will be pain in as best way its go.to MCT and then visit Oman beautiful country
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board est1982 ^

A few suggestions already including routing options if your looking to maximise TP's. If you want folks to help re prices then dates are a great help and the flexibility you may have around that. -/+ a few days, week etc. The Qatar Forum is a good place to visit of course as well as the TP Run thread here.

It's always good practice to see what you can come up with yourself too and posting it by using google flights, ITA Matrix of which there is information on Flyertalk on, the latter of which is easy to use for basic searches if your not familiar with it.

May I also take the opportunity so say that the Find me a good BA Fare thread is not really applicable in this case but it's definitely worth a look for future reference. It's a new thread so is still finding it's feet so to speak re what it's for in the main. Anyhow, good luck and if you find something please post back if you can. One thing is for sure, you'll get some great advice from experienced users of such tools and frequent flyers tooto help you as best they can in optimising TP's.
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Great question!

will be doing an ex Eu so London to Europe then on to DOH wirh QR and from there I don’t really mind.

Not too concerned with price as I’ll be booking during the next QR sale but would like some ideas of routing for maximum point return.

Thanks in advance.
I know that I'm not answering your question but I just wanted to say that this is the sort of thinking that I do! For example, in May 2020 I am likely to do a TP run to retain Gold. I'm planning to make this a holiday to Nepal and therefore at the same baseline - to get BAEC TPs it is likely to be a QR return to KTM (ex EU or ex LON, depends on price). But as this will involve a stop in DOH, how do I get (if needed) more TP than the guaranteed 560?
And, as ever, thanks for the suggestions already upthread.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: