Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

*CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: peter h
Dear

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your flight with us from London Heathrow to Glasgow on 25 August.

We wanted to let you know that we'll be making a change to the aircraft operating your flight. Your flight will no longer be operated by a Boeing 747.

We understand that, after speculation on aviation websites, some of our customers booked on BA1482 hoping to be part of our birthday celebration. We’ll happily offer a full refund to anyone who no longer wishes to travel.

You'll be able to view the timing changes to your flight at ba.com/mmb in the next 24 hours.

If you would like to make a change to your booking, please contact us.

If you booked through a travel agent, please contact them to make any changes.
On Sunday 25 Aug - the day of BAs 100th birthday - BA are operating these domestic rotations with 747s, reportedly the three heritage-liveried aircraft :

NCL (seatmap shows a Mid-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1326 LHR-NCL 0920-1035 (stop 2:05, MCT 0:30): aero404, george77300, jfallesen, Msm2000uk, peter h, Telecasterman,
BA1327 NCL-LHR 1240-1400: aero404, Bazza1603 x 3, Brighterside, Chris9642, corporate-wage-slave, Fontana, george77300, jfallesen, Msm2000uk, peter h, S_W_S, squawk, Telecasterman, WickedStepMother, VG31.

MAN (seatmap shows a Mid-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1386 LHR-MAN 1010-1120 (stop 1:30, MCT 0:30): 81romeo
BA1391 MAN-LHR 1250-1400: 81romeo

GLA (seatmap shows a SuperHi-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1482 LHR-GLA 1200-1330 (stop 1:30, MCT 0:30): bisonrav, IFE Wizard, McG, shl +1, Schwann, hodders
BA1487 GLA-LHR 1500-1625: bisonrav, IFE Wizard, shl +1, Schwann
Print Wikipost

*CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:41 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
I'll phone tomorrow to cancel. Anyone know if I would be able to transfer the refund to reduce the outstanding balance of a BA holidays booking?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nivsy
As others have mentioned yet I see no real answer if it was speculation then why did BA clearly show the flights as a 747 during the booking process.
There's a difference between publishing a 747 in the schedule, and publishing an invitation to a birthday celebration. BA did the former, BA did not do the latter. Some people thought that they'd stolen a march on getting a place for the latter by relying on the former as an indicator. But whether or not the latter was going to happen was, for outsiders, only ever a matter of speculation.
Dan72 and crazyanglaisy like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Globaliser
There's a difference between publishing a 747 in the schedule, and publishing an invitation to a birthday celebration. BA did the former, BA did not do the latter
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BA did tip off at least some of their regular customers.
Hmmm.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Me too. Just had the same call, and I got the impression that they're going out of their way to ensure we're at the front of the queue for further celebratory events. ^
Do you know whether this will extend to those of us without access to the GGL line (and therefore who are not likely to get a nice phone call like this)?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Hmmm.
That confirms that there was a plan (of which there can be no doubt). But that also confirms that it was not announced.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:34 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have not become involved in any of this as I do not fly for flying sake. However, I think that this is a very poor show and a big let down for a lot of people. I am afraid that BA have done themselves few favours here. It was a stunt that backfired and if I found out that it was the save-the-planters and their peculiar form of bigotry who managed to get this stopped, I should be much vexed.

I hope that you all cancel, insist on your money back and write letters of complaint to Alex Cruz. To hell with their stupid birthday that isn't
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
So glad I held off booking tickets. I knew it was wise to wait for an official announcement, knowing what BA are like.

So do we suspect BA have bowed to the environmentalist lobby?

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 7, 2019 at 10:57 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Brighterside
I have cancelled, been advised that the refund has to be done manually so I am not holding my breath on that one (last time that happened it took 3 months to get my money back).

A big thanks to C W S for his help.

Edited:- I wonder what the passengers who were originally booked on the "normal" 1327 then were moved to the 747 then now being moved back make of all this. Some very confused people I suspect.
Interesting to hear about the money. I just rang up and cancelled and should get money back in 24-48 hours?

Who knows.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Looks like the Intern that fixed this has been put back in to another section. Maybe Luggage Recovery??
As the 747s with RR engines are the noisiest plane out of LHR, maybe they just didn't fancy more bad PR.
Imagine if someone had been sick on one of the seats!!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have not become involved in any of this as I do not fly for flying sake. However, I think that this is a very poor show and a big let down for a lot of people. I am afraid that BA have done themselves few favours here. It was a stunt that backfired and if I found out that it was the save-the-planters and their peculiar form of bigotry who managed to get this stopped, I should be much vexed.

I hope that you all cancel, insist on your money back and write letters of complaint to Alex Cruz. To hell with their stupid birthday that isn't
Looks more like a big jet down.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by squawk
Do you know whether this will extend to those of us without access to the GGL line (and therefore who are not likely to get a nice phone call like this)?
i bloody hope not.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:12 am

I hope too. Especially after having seen the tone of the only half-official reply on Yammer which evokes the antics of this fine fellow:

Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Trying to do some joined-up writing here. Seems G-BNLY is stranded in LAS, if the report below is accurate:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...stuck-las.html

Maybe I am wrong, but seems to be co-incidental.

Doc Copper
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by squawk
I'm afraid I can't answer that, but I'd like to think so. Acknowledging and recognising that the passengers who booked these flights did so because they were enthusiastic about joining BA for what was shaping up to be a special event ought to trump any consideration of these passengers' status, in my view.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois

On a positive note, so as not to offend the Vegans, BA have also withdrawn, with immediate effect, all Steaks from Club World and First in favour of Nut Roast Cutlets...

Clouds and silver linings...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.