Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

*CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: peter h
Dear

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your flight with us from London Heathrow to Glasgow on 25 August.

We wanted to let you know that we'll be making a change to the aircraft operating your flight. Your flight will no longer be operated by a Boeing 747.

We understand that, after speculation on aviation websites, some of our customers booked on BA1482 hoping to be part of our birthday celebration. We’ll happily offer a full refund to anyone who no longer wishes to travel.

You'll be able to view the timing changes to your flight at ba.com/mmb in the next 24 hours.

If you would like to make a change to your booking, please contact us.

If you booked through a travel agent, please contact them to make any changes.
On Sunday 25 Aug - the day of BAs 100th birthday - BA are operating these domestic rotations with 747s, reportedly the three heritage-liveried aircraft :

NCL (seatmap shows a Mid-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1326 LHR-NCL 0920-1035 (stop 2:05, MCT 0:30): aero404, george77300, jfallesen, Msm2000uk, peter h, Telecasterman,
BA1327 NCL-LHR 1240-1400: aero404, Bazza1603 x 3, Brighterside, Chris9642, corporate-wage-slave, Fontana, george77300, jfallesen, Msm2000uk, peter h, S_W_S, squawk, Telecasterman, WickedStepMother, VG31.

MAN (seatmap shows a Mid-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1386 LHR-MAN 1010-1120 (stop 1:30, MCT 0:30): 81romeo
BA1391 MAN-LHR 1250-1400: 81romeo

GLA (seatmap shows a SuperHi-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1482 LHR-GLA 1200-1330 (stop 1:30, MCT 0:30): bisonrav, IFE Wizard, McG, shl +1, Schwann, hodders
BA1487 GLA-LHR 1500-1625: bisonrav, IFE Wizard, shl +1, Schwann
Print Wikipost

*CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
So is NCL-LHR still a 747 or have they not got round to notifying me yet?
I’ve just received the email notifying that NCL-LHR is no longer 747
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Booking Reference:

Dear MR

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your flight with us from London Heathrow to Newcastle on 25 August.

We wanted to let you know that we'll be making a change to the aircraft operating your flight.

New timing for BA1327 Dep NCL 1125

Your flight will no longer be operated by a Boeing 747.
We understand that, after speculation on aviation websites, some of our customers booked on BA1326 hoping to be part of our birthday celebration.

We’ll happily offer a full refund to anyone who no longer wishes to travel.
You'll be able to view the timing changes to your flight at ba.com/mmb in the next 24 hours.If you would like to make a change to your booking, please contact us.

If you booked through a travel agent, please contact them to make any changes.Warm Regards,British Airways
I have received the same email but for NCL-LHR BA1327 - now do I cancel and possibly miss out on events at LHR or travel on different timings - decisions decisions!!!! Very disappointed but not unexpected.

Last edited by Brighterside; Jun 7, 2019 at 6:29 am Reason: Update information
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Good! This is the best way to board a 747, leaving aside jokes about the retro experience.
I was going to say the same thing. Walking up to the queen gives a great sense of the scale and of course a good look at the livery.

Have we had an FT poll on which retro livery looks the best yet? I suspect I am in something of a minority in loving the Negus.....
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just got the email about NCL-LHR too.

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your flight with us from Newcastle to London Heathrow on 25 August.

We wanted to let you know that we'll be making a change to the timings of your flight. We'll also be making a change to the aircraft, which means your flight will no longer be operated by a Boeing 747.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
And the same email for Manchester
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I would be really gutted if BA do something special on the 25th of August and don’t give those booked on the 747 flights preference.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I got the same email and have now cancelled my avios booking accordingly. The most interesting thing about this to me is BA's obvious awareness of the level of interest in these flights on blogs and FT, and their sensitivity to accommodating enthusiasts' interest in this opportunity. Good for them; I can't imagine any similar scenarios where they would allow free cancellations in such circumstances and they would have been perfectly within their rights to have required us to fly or to face a penalty if we decided not to.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
Originally Posted by chistery
So is NCL-LHR still a 747 or have they not got round to notifying me yet?
According to BA Assist - its all of them:

Key Message
We've been exploring a number of options to put our customers at the heart of our birthday weekend celebrations, but we still haven't confirmed any plans.
We haven't revealed any of the details of our birthday weekend so far. Some aviation websites made a guess at what we were planning, but we were very clear that this was speculation.
We are still considering our options for that weekend and will release details in due course.
For reactive use only - We understand some customers booked on the below flights were hoping they would be celebration flights, so we will happily offer a full refund for anyone who no longer wishes to travel.
Therefore, the following guidelines are available to any customer who was booked and ticketed on one of these services on or after 30th May 2019.
Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is still OPERATING
Show lessRebook onto
British Airways
Affected flight
BA1482 LHRGLA

BA1487 GLALHR

BA1386 LHRMAN

BA1391 MANLHR

BA1326 LHRNCL

BA1327 NCLLHR
Tickets issued by
Booked and ticketed between 31 May 2019 and 07 June 2019 inclusive
Ticket travel dates
25 Aug 2019 only
Rebooking Allowance
Use the monies towards the purchase of a new ticket at the applicable fare for the new booking only
Origin/Destination/Stopover changes
No
Refunds Allowed
Yes
Redemptions included
Yes
Available for Trade
Yes
Important Information
One involuntary ticket change allowed from the above options
  • Terms and conditions from original ticket apply for any further voluntary changes
  • Return/Onward sectors on BA may be rebooked under these guidelines, into the same cabin as original, same class or lowest available
  • For customers on cancelled flights, please follow the standard customer guidelines >
Adherence to commercial policies/standard customer guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I got the same email and have now cancelled my avios booking accordingly. The most interesting thing about this to me is BA's obvious awareness of the level of interest in these flights on blogs and FT, and their sensitivity to accommodating enthusiasts' interest in this opportunity. Good for them; I can't imagine any similar scenarios where they would allow free cancellations in such circumstances and they would have been perfectly within their rights to have required us to fly or to face a penalty if we decided not to.
Well, they could have been accused of advertising it as a 747 purely for the stupid fares they got away with charging some people.

Originally Posted by geordiejetsetter
I’ve just received the email notifying that NCL-LHR is no longer 747
Same here - also that the timings will have changed, and will be available online in the next 24 hours. A real shame The email doesn't specify the cancellation window, though. However, presumably - because the times have changed - EU261 rules would let you cancel/rebook to another date anyhow? Edit - this might be useful to some, obvious not helpful for the birthday weekend.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well I take my earlier post back then!

this is really bizarre behaviour for ba to have let this gone on so long. I was never booked on them as I am away that weekend. However, if it wasn’t confirmed there was no reason to show them as 747s on the schedule and they should have said something a lot sooner rather than let people get excited and book the flights along with other things around them like hotels etc.
pjh981, Kgmm77, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Just had my NCL notification - new timings and an A321.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Seat change email and a time change just received too.

M
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well I take my earlier post back then!

this is really bizarre behaviour for ba to have let this gone on so long. I was never booked on them as I am away that weekend. However, if it wasn’t confirmed there was no reason to show them as 747s on the schedule and they should have said something a lot sooner rather than let people get excited and book the flights along with other things around them like hotels etc.
It is all rather odd for sure but, to be fair to BA, all they actually did was briefly schedule a 747 on 3 domestic routes. The excitement associated with that decision was all a product of our (understandable though ultimately misplaced) excitement about the potential significance of this decision, given the date in question. It would have been quite another matter if they had made some formal, public announcement about these flights being part of their centenary celebrations and then had subsequently altered their plans. Perhaps I'm being too charitable!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Why did they schedule the 747 in the first place if it was all just 'purely speculation' as they are now saying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.