FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   *CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1972072-cancelled-ba100-heritage-liveried-b747s-man-ncl-gla-rotations-25-aug.html)

bazza1603 May 31, 2019 11:22 am

Originally Posted by peter h (Post 31157541)
Just off the phone to BAEC. The WT+ cabin is blocked off and will be opened up at some time in the future - when the WT bookings reach a certain point. The guy I spoke to just told me to keep checking availability every so often, but he couldn't do anything at the moment.

I'm doing the LHR-NCL-LHR b2b.

Weird if you start a new booking then the seat map is open.... I'm only on G class so can't understand why it's showing me PE, when Economy is wide open...

PE is only showing 2 x available seats

Jimbojumbo May 31, 2019 11:25 am

I can’t get any seats on the return flights from any city (would have liked MAN-LHR-MAN)

Shame as it seems we share a birthday and I would have made bronze after being a blue for ages.

Ah well. If you’re not quick...

McG May 31, 2019 11:28 am

Booked 1st flight out GLA on the Sunday to fly the 747 back. Seat map greyed out in economy.

bisonrav May 31, 2019 11:35 am

I've filled in the wiki with the flights I'm on, would be sensible to add yourself or ask a responsible adult to do this for you. Please to respect the alphabetical order, as there are certain amongst us with a strong OCD leaning.

You can of course book the flights as two separate one ways, which makes a lot of sense with redemptions.

I'm happy with GLA because it's a fairly leisurely turnaround and good opportunity for brunch and watching the other flights go out. I booked this as a J redemption GLA->LHR and then a revenue Y outbound, using a PP voucher to pay for it. I looked at a few odd combos to get on more aircraft, but nothing really worked. Should be a fun day anyway.

CDG1 May 31, 2019 11:41 am

Trying to book the Glasgow flights cheapest economy to be on big BOAC

BA website shows available seats on both flights

somehow I am getting rejected in the end with this message:

"at least one of your flights is no longer available"
you can choose alternate flights on the same day or start a new search
start again / continue/

...??
Can somebody help/advise?
Thanks in advance

bisonrav May 31, 2019 11:49 am

You can't book a return online directly, you can however book as two separate one ways (more expensive) or call BA. The GLA turnaround is within the MCT and you should be able to get the agent to waive the fee as you can't book online.

tigertanaka May 31, 2019 11:53 am

£474 NCL-LHR one way in J...!

Not sure there will be many £59 POUGs on this flight...

Telecasterman May 31, 2019 11:58 am

Originally Posted by bazza1603 (Post 31157604)
Weird if you start a new booking then the seat map is open.... I'm only on G class so can't understand why it's showing me PE, when Economy is wide open...

PE is only showing 2 x available seats

Hi, yeah saw the same. the 2 WTP+ where bassinets. Anyhow Ive booked it with auto assign Econ seat atm.

Just a side question - I will be coming down from MAN. On the 25/8/19 the first flight is due arrive 8:10am - I'm kinda thinking that's a tad risky for the 9:20am NCL 747 (prob remote gate)? appreciate thoughts pls.

Dicksbits May 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Trying to book B2B to GLA from LHR now but webpage and app keep erroring. Doesn't seem happy.

Dicksbits May 31, 2019 12:02 pm

"A problem occurred whilst calculating your fare. Please try again."

The _Banking_Scot May 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Telecasterman (Post 31157727)
Hi, yeah saw the same. the 2 WTP+ where bassinets. Anyhow Ive booked it with auto assign Econ seat atm.

Just a side question - I will be coming down from MAN. On the 25/8/19 the first flight is due arrive 8:10am - I'm kinda thinking that's a tad risky for the 9:20am NCL 747 (prob remote gate)? appreciate thoughts pls.

Hi,

Should be enough time ( if you have your bp in hand ) as long as there is no major delays as you will not have security to go through as you will arrive domestically then go to T5 connections ( you will have your photo taken) then up the escalator to the departure area.

Regards

TBS

CDG1 May 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 31157700)
You can't book a return online directly, you can however book as two separate one ways (more expensive) or call BA. The GLA turnaround is within the MCT and you should be able to get the agent to waive the fee as you can't book online.

Trying to book both flights separately is insanely expansive.FlightBA1482 1 Adult£90.00£28.44https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...n_vsg/info.gif£118.44 Price is the same for the return flight.

I ma outside the UK I am not sure there is a toll-free phone number to call BA from another country?

bisonrav May 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Which country?

Dicksbits May 31, 2019 12:14 pm

Are there any details circulating about what might be actually happening on the day? Ceremonies at Heathrow? Freebies? Service on board in both classes?

bisonrav May 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Understand that Alex Cruz will be flying in personally, using a jet pack and hi visibility vest, to distribute BoB goodies in the gate area. Avios or credit card payments only though.