Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vegetarian Meals in First

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Yeah the vegetarian food in club is horrific most of the time so if First is the same I don't think I'd ever bother to pay for First even if it's close on price (I've been tempted a few times but I usually sleep well in Club so not really that fussed).

I've had one or two awesome dishes in my last 20 segments or so. I do eat fish a few times a year so I've taken to just hoping there's a fish course or if I've forgotten and left a veggie request asking super nicely that if there's one left at the end if I can have that instead (assuming the veggie meal is as gross as usual - happy to eat it if it looks like some kind of meal which sadly it doesn't often.

Especially coming from the US it's been pasta with no sauce on - was promised 10k AVIOS for that but none ever appeared and I got fed up chasing them - a pile of vegetables cooked until they looked dead or dry somehow, with no sauce and plain rice - overcooked and badly prepared aubergine wrapped around some congealed white stuff which I think was meant to be cheese with some unseasoned canned tomato puree poured over the top... and so on).

I had a great veggie pasta (stuffed pasta in a nice proper sauce with roasted veg etc) on Delta First (domestic) in the US so I'm looking forward to seeing what both they and Virgin (out with Delta, home with Virgin) serve on my next trip over to the US as it's been a while since I flew Delta internationally and have only ever been in economy on Virgin.

It's not just a BA problem though - Korean Air Prestige the veggie food was 'ok' from London, fantastic from Incheon, and terrible from Auckland. More relevant to this forum AA seems similarly inconsistent though the portion sizes seem bigger and the starters have been good for the most part (had a nice Caprese salad that filled most of the tray on my last trip from MAN-PHL) so it's less of an issue that the main is a massive let down often as I'm usually sufficiently satisfied on such a short flight etc.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by jday

Yes that’s what I do as well when travelling First. I usually just risk it and don’t order special meals as they have never turned out great. Sometimes the second meal options are limited as you say. But at least there is usually a decent main meal.
agreed with one exception. On the BA178 the AVML tends to be better and more plentiful than the meagre main menun(but so would be a Pret A Manger sandwich)
Old May 31, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flyer0123
Please Don't compare the special meals in Club World to McDonalds, it is an insult to McDonalds
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Please don’t compare McDonalds to food!
Ergo; food > McDonald's > BA premium VGMLs.

Ouch.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by djtriggz
All of the times I have flown club the meals have been terrible. While the other passengers get beaufifully presented meals. The special meal is not so special. I’ve even had a look from cabin crew when serving the meal as to say I’m really sorry we are serving you this!

I’m tempted to pre order the veg option that’s on the menu but I’m thinking it might then impact the other meals and snacks ie the afternoon tea sandwich’s?

Do I just take the gamble?
One part of CW that has improved, in my eyes, is the food. Choices on the menu often include quite tasty vegetarian starters. There has been some thought applied here. Flying in F, I don't expect that consideration to have peaked at CW offerings. Even CE does vegetarian better than F. Re your selection of sandwiches, care has to be taken to ensure meat or fish are not part of the offerings. Vegetarians can have cream and butter (if lacto-ovo). Many people enjoy afternoon tea. There is no reason vegetarians can't have tasty fillings on sandwiches, scones, jam and clotted cream. Don't change everything, when only the sandwich and cake parts may need adjusting, BA.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Jun 1, 2019 at 4:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.