Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

747 v. 777 which is better for steerage class.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Stupid question but here goes. Booking an AA award to Europe for November. Flight choices for the Red Eye are 777 from Seattle or 747 from LAX. Will be in coach probably in the bowels of hell But which is better. Never been on 747 and only in First (MIA-DFW) in the 777. Which would you choose? Why?
Old May 29, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by mapsmith
Stupid question but here goes. Booking an AA award to Europe for November. Flight choices for the Red Eye are 777 from Seattle or 747 from LAX. Will be in coach probably in the bowels of hell But which is better. Never been on 747 and only in First (MIA-DFW) in the 777. Which would you choose? Why?
It appears that you're planning to book an award with AA using AAdvantage miles but will actually be flying on BA metal. Expert Flyer (EF) shows the 777 operating SEA-:LHR is a BA 777 in a 3-3-3 configuration with an AA codeshare. The two LAX-LHR 747 flights are also BA metal in a 3-4-3 configuration with an AA codeshare. I was on a LAX-LHR BA 747 in a middle seat in Jan 2019 and I survived but I would prefer the 777 with 3-3-3.

Your profile shows your location as Tucson, AZ. I think I would prefer to drive up the interstate to PHX and take either the AA 772 or preferably the BA 789 rather than fly from TUS to either LAX or SEA to connect to LHR. EF shows lots of coach award availability all through the month of November for PHX-LHR on both airlines.

If PHX-LHR doesn't work for you than the best LAX-LHR coach option in my mind is in on the upper deck of the 388 in either of the two outboard seats in the 2-4-2 configuration.

Last edited by Barcky; May 29, 2019 at 11:15 pm Reason: Added LAX option on 388

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.