Wiki Posts
Search

No Show Flight - Tax Refund?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
No Show Flight - Tax Refund?

Hi, I was travelling to HKG with a colleague last week but they had to make other arrangements and thus did not show for the flight which I did. The ticket was booked on Expedia and realise the lfight was not refundable & not changable, so just left it. Wondering now if can apply some refund for the taxes as did not travel?
Old May 29, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Possibly yes, although Expedia may attempt to deflect and/or charge a fee for processing.

The GB/UB/HK taxes/fees would be refundable, while any YQ/YR surcharges would follow the same rules as the fare (am assuming that was nonref).
1210mk2 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Ok, I am no expert for the codes , but I should contact Expedia and not BA basically?
Old May 29, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Yes, Expedia would be processing any refund that is due.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Spoke with them and they are requesting the refund but had no idea of the amount just that it would be "very minimal". Having looked on BA.com for a similarly priced economy flight to HKG i found the below taxes. Is this what I can expect refunded? 2-12 week timeline.

Old May 29, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes that looks about right. Less the fees that BA and expedia will charge
Old May 29, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
yes that looks about right. Less the fees that BA and expedia will charge
what fees would BA and expedia charge????
Old May 29, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
That would be clarified in their respective T's & C's
Old May 29, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
A couple of clicks on the Expedia.co.uk page found this; https://www.expedia.co.uk/service/#/myTrips/16905 which advises that Expedia charge GBP25.00 per person/per flight (ticket?) to process any refund.

I'm not aware of any additional fee from BA for Expedia to refund the TFCs; BA would charge a fee if BA were to process the refund themselves, but in this case only the Expedia fee would apply AFAIK.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:00 pm

The Air passenger Departure tax($120 HKD) are refundable no matter the ticket restrictions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.