Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Whole Upper Deck blocked off BA66 PHL-LHR 28th May

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP

First time I have seen on Expert Flyer all Upper Deck seats on tonights BA66 are blocked off.
Could that be due to Crew sickness and the’ve had to close the cabin and move booked passengers to down stairs? I suspect there will be some unhappy pax tonight if moved from Upper Deck window to centre seat downstairs. Club availability is now zero tonight.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Also showing J0. Perhaps it is a crewing issue which would explain blocking out the whole cabin (rather than simply being reserved).

Last edited by madfish; May 28, 2019 at 12:56 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 28, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This must be a technical fault. I was due to be on the BA116 JFK-LHR on this frame last night and the cabin was blocked out and my seat reassigned.
Luckily I was able to move to an earlier flight with a seat on the upper deck.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:03 pm

The only time I have seen this on any flight that I have operated is when the catering lift is out of order. I would doubt it is down to crew sickness.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I've had this once when there was no lighting on the UD.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:04 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 8:28 am
Old May 29, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
They could pre-warn passengers that they would need to bring a take-away on board...
T8191, YacozA, babats and 1 others like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On that particular sector they could probably fill UD with grateful CWers happy to get no service, no interruptions on a short overnight flight. I'm sure they could provide tea and water on request.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On that particular sector they could probably fill UD with grateful CWers happy to get no service, no interruptions on a short overnight flight. I'm sure they could provide tea and water on request.
Excactly!! I much rather sit upstairs in 64K with no food and just drinks than sitting downstairs
Old May 29, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I'd go fetch my own food if they'd agree to bring me drinks. More than happy with that....
YacozA likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Things are not what they used to be...

When I was left school, my first summer job was loading the catering onto 747's out of PIK for NWA
I use to have to carry the bars (They were large equipement carriers rather than trolleys) to the upper deck via the spiral staircase at door 1... they were heavy and you could only just fit your hand round the containers and had to be careful not to catch your knuckles on the vertical supports of the banister.

H&S would have a fit these days.
nufnuf77, wrp96, shefgab and 1 others like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Garuzle
This must be a technical fault. I was due to be on the BA116 JFK-LHR on this frame last night and the cabin was blocked out and my seat reassigned.
Luckily I was able to move to an earlier flight with a seat on the upper deck.
I flew this aircraft on Friday to JFK and sat on the upper deck no issues

On the 116 return on Monday night they informed me at check-in that I needed to move to the main deck. Gave me 17K with 17J left empty - was actually perfect having rarely flown on the main deck i really didn't mind it - higher ceiling and felt like there was better air circulation. 15 minutes waiting for the bathroom however wasn't fun.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TCX69
The cart lift on G–BYGA is currently unserviceable. Which seems to be the reason the U/D is blocked off as no catering would be available upstairs.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it is the case that the lift is inop, then there would be NOTHING in the upper deck galley, including bins (so nowhere to put rubbish), no washbags, nowhere to stow bottles of water, nowhere to stow tea bags, nowhere to put the dirty tea cups etc. I think even tea and water wouldn't be served under the circumstances as everything would have to be brought up and down by hand. I think the only thing being carried upstairs will be the flight crew meals out of necessity. It's definitely easier to just block the cabin off, rather than have to explain (repeatedly) why tea and water aren't available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.