Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unexpected Timetable Change

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Unexpected Timetable Change

I've hunted around the forums but haven't found anything that answers my question. Feel free to direct me elsewhere if I missed something.

Anyway, for the last four days, I've been working on planning my first trip to London. My buddy and I had pretty much settled on a flight from BOS > LHR. It had been on the BA site through last night, but it was nowhere to be found when I checked about an hour ago. (It still shows up if I attempt to book it through AA.com.)

I'm wondering if this happens often -- from what I can tell, the timetable update happened a few weeks ago -- and if this has any chance of being temporary. It was an ideal flight time, so I'd be disappointed if it's no longer offered.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
What’s the date and time of the flight? If you scroll down the forum there was an issue with BA Chicago flights disappearing earlier today and only AA showing. To my knowledge BA has always (for the past 5-10 years) operated around 3 flights a day to Boston and then one returns in the morning as a day flight, nothing has changed to my knowledge in that respect so I expect it’s a glitch

EDIT- I’ve re-read your post and if it’s displaying on the AA site, go ahead and book it if there was no price difference, it’ll be down to a BA IT issue if it’s not on the BA site
jdg0928 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Hello

It would be helpful for those on the forums with access to certain websites that could check for you, which date(s) you were looking at. Which one has disappeared for you BA202, BA212, BA214 or BA238?

Bri
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the lack of details. (Obviously I'm new to the forums.) Anyway, it's BA214. We're departing BOS Thursday, June 11. Currently, BA214 appears as Monday and Tuesday only on the BA timetable search.

The AA price is higher, and we're not quite ready to pull the trigger. Fingers crossed the prices are stable for a while.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
When I search for BOS - LHR on June 11th I get this message from British Airways.....

"Flights on this route are filling up fast. One or more of your chosen flights have sold out. Continue to see what's still available or start a new search."

I would take from that, that BA214 has sold out as it is missing from the results. Some one with access to expertflyer would be able to look at that particular flight on that day to see how full the flight is.

Bri
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I checked in expertflyer and the flight is not showing up in searches as BA214 but it does as AA6165 so my bet is an IT glitch or BA cancelled that particular flight for that day and the other systems (like AA) hasn’t picked up this yet.
wait a few days and see if the flight comes back or disappear from AA too.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:12 am

likely an IT glitch, similar reported for ORD yesterday which was resolved a few hours later What have they done to ORD in September?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Krisz
I checked in expertflyer and the flight is not showing up in searches as BA214 but it does as AA6165 so my bet is an IT glitch or BA cancelled that particular flight for that day and the other systems (like AA) hasn’t picked up this yet.
wait a few days and see if the flight comes back or disappear from AA too.
Thanks! A buddy of mine checked a couple hours ago (see below) and said the flight is pretty much wide open, except O was showing zero seats. (Odd that your experience was similar to mine, not on BA but on AA.) It's still not on the BA site, so fingers crossed it's just an IT glitch. Luckily, plenty of other flights will get me there if not.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Yes, the ORD issuw was flagged by me. I love traveling with BA for a multitude of reasons but their IT is a bad joke. The App on Ipad went from reasonable if clunky to utter rubbish in an update. This nonsense has been going on for months and no attempt has been made to fix anything. I rather think that the system is so far out of date that it belongs in a museum.

Everything that you note dear OP - I experienced. Try it again and it probably will work.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:05 pm

I've seen some timetable quirks yesterday/today too - with planes coming into SJC but apparently not going back to LHR! I looked a few minutes ago and seemed to be somewhat better.

rb211.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:06 pm

Perhaps Google Flights might be a better way of seeing what's available - and for simple stuff it will take you to the BA website with flight(s) already chosen (if you are lucky!)

rb211.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Try it again and it probably will work.
I hit the new user posting limit or I would have sent this earlier... the flight is back. I've never experience this before, so I didn't know it was something that happens.

All the quick replies and support is greatly appreciated. (I'm in awe of the passion and level of mileage mastery I've seen in the forums. Makes me want to travel even more!)

Jason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.