Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free WiFi for First Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is an old thread. If you look at the end of the main Wifi thread (the Highlife Connect thread in the BA Forum Dashboard) you will find the latest updates, which is essence is that from 30 October an "extended trial" will be in operation on all First cabins on wifi'd BA aircraft. When you log in, the input screen gives you a link for First passengers.
Thanks!

rb211.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:44 am

My JAL LHR-HND and BA NRT-LHR I believe will have wi-fi. What is wi-fi like on planes? I imagine it's just about good enough for IM and browsing. No music or video streaming I'd have thought.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by JCC87
My JAL LHR-HND and BA NRT-LHR I believe will have wi-fi. What is wi-fi like on planes? I imagine it's just about good enough for IM and browsing. No music or video streaming I'd have thought.

Hi,

There are some details in the main wifi thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-underway.html

I think I have read that occassionally the wifi signal is lost ( especially the further north you travel) due to satelite issues but not sure if this would be an issue on the japan flights (routing over siberia)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

There are some details in the main wifi thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-underway.html

I think I have read that occassionally the wifi signal is lost ( especially the further north you travel) due to satelite issues but not sure if this would be an issue on the japan flights (routing over siberia)

Regards

TBS
Thanks, I see that not all 787-9 have been fitted with wi-fi so might get unlucky.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Having recently come back from Tokyo (Haneda), the wifi was actually pretty good - I didn't use it for streaming, but for general browsing it was snappy enough. The crew announcement at the start of the flight said that it might be unavailable during the middle of the flight as we were flying so far north, but in the end it was only the beginning that it couldn't connect - after an hour and a half or so, it just worked. There were a couple of short spells without access (as we hopped from one satellite to another), but it was available for most of the flight.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:26 am

How do you get the Wifi for free if you are in first - are you given a special code or something, or do you put your booking details into the login page? Just wondering how it works as I haven't seen it mentioned on here, though I have heard that 'it isnt advertised though if you use it in first it is indeed free' but there must be some part of the I am missing as to how it knows you are sitting in first!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DG55
How do you get the Wifi for free if you are in first - are you given a special code or something, or do you put your booking details into the login page? Just wondering how it works as I haven't seen it mentioned on here, though I have heard that 'it isnt advertised though if you use it in first it is indeed free' but there must be some part of the I am missing as to how it knows you are sitting in first!
Just specify your surname and seat number when connecting to the wifi service, if I remember correctly.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Just specify your surname and seat number when connecting to the wifi service, if I remember correctly.
Boarding passes will have to be guarded now, lest anyone spot your surname and F seat assignment and steal your free WiFi!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I think it is actually last name and booking reference if I remember correctly!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think it is actually last name and booking reference if I remember correctly!
For the initial login screen you have the choice of using either seat number and surname or seat number and booking reference. Once past this you then need to provide your email address on the booking.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Some screenshots. Shows that it is for one device for the entire flight. Also sign in screen uses seat number, and one of surname or booking reference.

Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by hfly
TK offers it for free to all Business pax and Elite Plus members on long haul and have done so for several years, even Saudi has offered it to all Business Class pax for quite some time. Ek gives everyone 10MB, and Biz and F get unlimited free. BA is maybe five years behind many other airlines..................
People on this forum will jump out barking that how BA without WiFi is five years ahead of SQ TK etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.