How fast do flights get credited?

Old May 28, 19, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
How fast do flights get credited?

I will be flying ARN-LHR-JFK in a few weeks. The ARN-LHR flight will get me to Silver status. I don't suppose it will be processed in the system soon enough for me to use the lounge that day?
Old May 28, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
BA operated flights usually post 2 days after they are taken
Old May 28, 19, 5:22 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
For BA flights, a status change is normally about 3 days (2 days to credit, plus another to change tier), so officially no.

However, some people have reported success by showing their TP total in their app along with the boarding pass for the incoming flight which will earn the necessary TPs to get you over the line. This is certainly not guaranteed - I've known colleagues who have been successful doing this, and have read of others being refused. Officially you have no qualification so if a polite enquiry is met with a refusal, you'll just have to find an alternative.
watersign and YacozA like this.
Old May 28, 19, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Typically two days and that typically excludes weekends/bank holidays. I always find it amazing that some airlines in the U.S. (e.g. UA) credit miles the moment the flight arrives at the destination airport.
Old May 28, 19, 9:18 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mec72 View Post
Typically two days and that typically excludes weekends/bank holidays. I always find it amazing that some airlines in the U.S. (e.g. UA) credit miles the moment the flight arrives at the destination airport.
That's also my recent experience. Interestingly, my wife and I went to London from GVA recently on BA. I needed a few points to get to platinum (BA gold) on QF, so I used my QF FF no - the flights were credited on my QF account before my wife's were credited on her BA account!!! Incidentally, like UA, QF usually credits your QF account moments after stepping off your QF flight!
nancypants likes this.
Old May 28, 19, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mec72 View Post
That actually varied, during my years of flying regularly on UA. Sometimes instant, sometimes several days.
Thanks to those of you who answered, I'll try my luck at the desk showing my boarding pass!
Old May 31, 19, 6:12 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by morges1 View Post
QF usually credits your QF account moments after stepping off your QF flight!
QF credits your QFF account when the ticket coupon goes to flown status. That happens during the flight, not necessarily at the end of a flight.
morges1, nancypants and watersign like this.
Old Jul 15, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Quick follow-up question: I assume (hope) that when they later credit my points for the next flight, I will get the bonus Avios for being silver? (even though the system won't have updated my status at the time).
Old Jul 15, 19, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by watersign View Post
Quick follow-up question: I assume (hope) that when they later credit my points for the next flight, I will get the bonus Avios for being silver? (even though the system won't have updated my status at the time).
If you mean the connecting flight, then I donít think so?
Iíve had a flight the day after the one that got me to status, but the day before that credited (and two before status change). The second credited at the higher level, but I took this to be due to the credit date rather than the flight date.

In any case, the two flights would credit the same day and would credit at the lower level I suspect.
Old Jul 19, 19, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
For BA flights, a status change is normally about 3 days (2 days to credit, plus another to change tier), so officially no.

However, some people have reported success by showing their TP total in their app along with the boarding pass for the incoming flight which will earn the necessary TPs to get you over the line.
Worked today at Galleries North! First time in a BA lounge for me.