Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Old May 29, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
That's true and I tried it once which didn't go very well. I couldn't remember the name I gave a previous bank and had to take my passport in to prove who I was. Also just in case anyone plays the lottery Camelot need your correct details. If they don't have them they don't pay out on big wins.
yes you'd expect them to want your real details but the answers to the security questions don’t have to be real.

I’ve mixed mine up a bit and it does confuse staff on the phone when they ask for your fathers first name and you answer ‘smoked cod’ and ‘Trevor’ is your preferred colour! But most understand and often have a chuckle,
LTN Phobia and RHWine like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Yes I do - and the expiry date
Old May 30, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I had a passport a few years ago whose number I knew off by heart: not sure why and reading the last post the number came straight to me. Obviously I can’t state it here even though it’s been cancelled.

As for my current passports; I have to check them every time! Or maybe tempus fugit applies 😀.

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; May 31, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
BAEC, yes
NI no. , yes.
My ID no., yes.
Passport no. , No. Which one? I currently have 3 valid passports, all issued by the same country. And I've applied for a further 2. So that will make 5 valid passports for the next 6-7 years
My UK, ZA, & VN mobiles, yes.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
That's true and I tried it once which didn't go very well. I couldn't remember the name I gave a previous bank and had to take my passport in to prove who I was. Also just in case anyone plays the lottery Camelot need your correct details. If they don't have them they don't pay out on big wins.
I am not sure I am so worried about lottery wins, all I get is a free lucky dip..
Old May 31, 2019, 11:56 am

I used to know mine, then recently the passport office cancelled it by mistake (it was apparently one digit away from someone else's that doesn't deserve it any more) and the new one isn't quite as memorable

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.