Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: Confirmed
I’m so grateful that BAEC number is just 8 digits. It takes forever to pronounce the AAdvantage alphanumeric key.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by Beano
how do you do it ?
I can do that too just as a very good sleeping aid. I can recite the first 100 decimals of pi (and I know this is totally useless).
Old May 29, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
For some reason I remember the exact number of the passport I held between 1995-2005

And I dont remember the current one...

I also remember most phone numbers I often dialed before they invented mobile phones, and nothing after 2000
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miklcct

I can never remember all my credit card details for the 11 credit cards I have and I need to store them in a password-protected spreadsheet.
All important details in my family are on password spreadsheets.

My father drummed this into me when I was younger and care free

Its really useful as my father isnt well at the moment, and I can arrange everything for him, the spreadsheets are helping so much.

Also all documents are scanned into to files so can be accessed at a later date, if needed. This helps with tax returns etc..
Old May 29, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: too many
I know by heart passport (mine only) and ID cards (mine +whole family), it's muich easier and safer when inputting API data...since the BA breach, I've been very cautious in saving personal info onto their systems
Old May 29, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Yeah I got a few weird looks buying Duty Free on the plane when I can give them my credit card, passport and BAEC details without having them in hand... I struggle a bit with dates but I've got it now, with 3ish years to go on it...
Old May 29, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I did, then it expired, then the next filled up in 2 years, then the next one had an incident with the washing machine, then the next got stolen in Santiago...

I’ve since given up trying but do have a picture on my phone for reference!

origin likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
With BA I'm an authorised third party on someone elses account. Only had to use it once but the agent I spoke to said I was the first third party he'd ever spoken to. I had to remember the password and that took some doing.

I was in the bank years ago opening a private bank account. We reached the security questions for identifying me and she asked for my mothers maiden name. I explained that for various reasons this wasn't difficult for somebody to find out and provide the answer. So we set up a password instead which was highly unlikely anyone would guess. I also have a security number for telephone banking contact.
You don't actually have to give the real answer to that question. You can answer it in anyway you like so long as you remember it and it corresponds with the data in the system when they ask you for it.

Your mothers maiden name / first school / favourite pet / food could be anything you want. It's not like BA or the bank are going to know the truth is it?
Old May 29, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I knew my old passport number by heart... then misplaced it... new one just won't sink in...
Old May 29, 2019, 12:04 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I do. As I do my ex-employee number and - worse my NI number poor sad cow that I must be.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I have known my passport number since I was 1st issued one, also my credit card number and it's CCV, my home address, the names of my sons, etc
Sealink likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, Aegean & some other almost useless M&M programs; BA One World; spg; HHonors; Accor...
I knew my previous one but I've gotten lazy now...I just keep all these things in a password manager so I can access them from my phone!
Old May 29, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You don't actually have to give the real answer to that question. You can answer it in anyway you like so long as you remember it and it corresponds with the data in the system when they ask you for it.

Your mothers maiden name / first school / favourite pet / food could be anything you want. It's not like BA or the bank are going to know the truth is it?
That's true and I tried it once which didn't go very well. I couldn't remember the name I gave a previous bank and had to take my passport in to prove who I was. Also just in case anyone plays the lottery Camelot need your correct details. If they don't have them they don't pay out on big wins.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Indeed I do, as well as the expiry date.
Unfortunately it expires next year. I’ll miss all the cool visas and stamps.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by dsf
I know my passport number and expiration date; bank account + sort code; 6 credit/debit card numbers plus expiry dates, generated (i.e. not chosen) PINs, and CVV codes; BAEC, AA, CX numbers; some wifi network passwords (again generated, not chosen); 6 or 7 upcoming PNRs; and more besides ... mostly I just need to use or see something twice and it sticks without any effort. I'm told by my partner that this is "a bit weird".
You must be like my husband who is capable of remembering a lot of numbers.

Yet, try to teach him some foreign words or spelling of some weird words and I'd be lucky to have it last for 15 minutes... (not saying you're like that though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.