Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Yep - purely because I need it every time I ring GGL!
Old May 28, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Yes, and my BT Chargecard number that I've not used since 1995.

I use an app, For Your Eyes Only, it is password protected and allows you to store all kinds of web login information, passport details etc. Handy for that Delta Skymiles account number you've not used in 5yrs or the Tufty Club details. I'm sure it's not best or even that unique but it is handy for keeping everything in one place.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I've memorised my Passport many years ago: Every entrance to the UK or the US (so at least 2x a trip) required writing it on landing cards. Took me longer to remember expiry date (it was either XX-YY20XX or YY-YY20XX and I could never remember which!).

My BA membership number is another thing I've happily memorised, and has been very useful to be able to rattle off when asked on the phone or at airline desks.

I have a second passport (I am now British!) and I haven't had any need to write it anywhere, so I forget it, even though it contains a really convenient palindrome that will make it easy to remember if I have to start doing landing cards to visit Europe on holidays!
Old May 28, 2019, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Yep - purely because I need it every time I ring GGL!
Ditto .... mine is easy to remember 🤔 987123654
Old May 28, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Simply, yes.

Somewhat of a curse that I remember any #s easily - whether passport, CC, SSN/NI details.

Names, on the otherhand, I always forget!
Old May 28, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
There was a time when I was quite good at ... erm, sorry, what was the question again?
Old May 28, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Oh yes, got it. The thing is, the question surprised me as I have never, ever been asked my passport number by a BA agent. Is it a GGL thing? For bookings, I'm always logged in so personal data comes up automatically.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
No one seems to have mentioned this but you can set up a password to avoid this question. I did and now they ask me for three numbers from that. Much easier.

I don't remember current passport number but used to remeber the last one...its an age thing.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:02 am

I do indeed.

I'm a bit weird with numbers, though. I know all my card details (number, expiry, security code) for various credit and debit cards.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I can never remember my passport number, I do recall in the time before mobile phones being able to hold many phone numbers in my head.
I even remember the registration number of a motorbike from the 1980s that we had !
Now my head contains PIN numbers and not a lot else ...
Crampedin13A and origin like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Passport No's
Warrant No's
Bank account and sort code from 20 years ago
The registration no of every car and motorbike I had to the age of 25 (and the ones my dad had from when I was about 6)
Phone No's
All no problem, however when asked for my zip code the other day when using a CC my mind went absolutely blank.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Yes and it's start and expiry date
Old May 28, 2019, 1:13 pm

I have two passports one I can remember by heart and the other for some reason I cant seem to memorise it.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:19 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BAEC
Ditto .... mine is easy to remember
If that's real, please delete it.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
NO - a better question might be do you know your BAEC number by heart :-) (I do!! ) :-)
Crampedin13A likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.