Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Know both numbers.. But can't remember expiration dates..
To make it easier for myself, the last time I renewed my passport I engineered it so that the issue date and expiry date would be the same as in the previous passport, only exactly 10 years later.

I wouldn't realistically be able to repeat that any more, sadly.

How quickly it takes me to memorise any of our collection of current passports and travel documents does depend on how often our travel patterns require these to be deployed.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think mine starts with 1078...or maybe that's my cell phone number. Knowing my Argentine ID card number is more important as that's asked for on a daily basis. However I don't know that off by heart either.

I can tell you every one of our ten dogs names though.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I do! Well, I did...
Old May 28, 2019, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Yes. It took a while to get the old one out of my head and memorize the new one but i've got it down now. Oddly, mine starts and ends with the same 2 numbers in the same order so it's really just remember what's between the bookends.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
I know the BA gold number, passport number, expiry date, NI number, acc codes and credit card number off by heart.

I just cant remember my name.
Me too, I also can include the 8-digit gym entrance code. My name I can still recognise/recall but as an official OF I did slip off the footpath on Friday to walk round a group of kids and walking has been painful ever since!
Old May 28, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by morges1
... but as an official OF I did slip off the footpath on Friday to walk round a group of kids and walking has been painful ever since!
As another OF, and former Rugby player, I do not deviate from my path. Like any decent forward, I just walk straight through them.

Oh, and back OT, being ex-military, one NEVER forgets one’s Service Number!
Soupdragon62 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yup. I’ve memorized both my current and previous passport numbers.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Yes know it off by heart and have only had it for 7 days. But I had to submit to the government (PR in different country to my home country), APEC card, an eVisa application and some travel bookings, such that I’ve already memorised it.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I know mind and my wife's. Not my son's though. For whatever that's worth
Old May 28, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by dsf
I know my passport number and expiration date; bank account + sort code; 6 credit/debit card numbers plus expiry dates, generated (i.e. not chosen) PINs, and CVV codes; BAEC, AA, CX numbers; some wifi network passwords (again generated, not chosen); 6 or 7 upcoming PNRs; and more besides ... mostly I just need to use or see something twice and it sticks without any effort. I'm told by my partner that this is "a bit weird".
I am like you and I also remember phone numbers easily, as well as road numbers and flight numbers. In reality I forget some things occasionally, but they usually come back quickly.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I do now after this thread! I'll likely use it as part of a password for something else so it sticks.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:23 am

I remember passport numbers, Credit card numbers including expiry date, cvv, FF numbers on AA, BA, UA and few other stuff for self and family.

However I never seem to remember where I kept something "safe" in the house
Old May 28, 2019, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Nope to remembering passport number. Yes to NI number.

It was only last month that I realised that the first and last 3 numbers on my bank account are the same. I've had that account since 1983 ...
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by flyer0123
I remember passport numbers, Credit card numbers including expiry date, cvv, FF numbers on AA, BA, UA and few other stuff for self and family.

However I never seem to remember where I kept something "safe" in the house
Certainly recognising all the details you listed. But, whatever needs to be kept safe in our houses, must be very safely stored if even we can't find it.

Calling GGL from the car yesterday, the agent heard some traffic noice and excused herself for the need of a security question, asking me for my full address. My prompt answer was full postal address, email ditto, passport number & expiry date and date and flight number of my last BA experience.

Speechless for some 15 seconds, she commented "but that's ALL the security question's answers, we normally only ask two or three of those". OK, I said, "that's a special price only for you". A constructive and pleasant call in all.
Anonba likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Sadly I remember both of my active passports' details - including numbers and expiry dates. Alongside my BAEC number, Sixt rental number, NI, drivers license...
As with another poster above, if you ask me where my passports are currently situated, I need a good 30 mins to rustle through the 38182 safe keeping spots in the flat, and my last flight was Sunday...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.