Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
I'm one of those that knows my current passport no., my last passport number, my UK NI number, my sort code and account number, my last 3 desk phone numbers at work (haven't had one for two years) and my last 6 mobile numbers.

I also remember values, quantities and dates for work.

Ask me to remember people's birthdays forget it.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
Ask me to remember people's birthdays forget it.
Yes, I'm fairly similar, I can do all my passports, but I only have a limited storage space for birthdays. My ID card has 12 digits for a country that has never had more than 9 digits worth of citizens, even adding in those no longer alive.

However there appears to be a lot of people in this forum who seem to have remembered all BA's flight numbers......
Old May 28, 2019, 5:01 am

I know mine and my husbands. Terrible nerd, I know.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
I ask them for another security question, which is usually where was/is the last/next BA flight booked to/from.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Know both numbers.. But can't remember expiration dates..
Old May 28, 2019, 5:19 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I know my passport number and expiration date; bank account + sort code; 6 credit/debit card numbers plus expiry dates, generated (i.e. not chosen) PINs, and CVV codes; BAEC, AA, CX numbers; some wifi network passwords (again generated, not chosen); 6 or 7 upcoming PNRs; and more besides ... mostly I just need to use or see something twice and it sticks without any effort. I'm told by my partner that this is "a bit weird".
Cris L and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I know the BA gold number, passport number, expiry date, NI number, acc codes and credit card number off by heart.

I just cant remember my name.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I know my last 3 passport numbers by heart though can't remember having to give it to anyone over the phone.
I'm slowly starting to remember the departure time of the various BA flights ex-JFK (BA 116, 172,174,176 etc.) Now why BA 174 leaves before 172 and 116 is beyond me.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When I travelled a lot and needed 2 passports, I could remember both numbers, and which was which. However, I could not easily link the expiry dates to the numbers!
Old May 28, 2019, 5:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01 The only important numbers folks should remember are Tier Points and your Avios balance

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Well if they aren’t changing regularly, they aren’t worth remembering ��

As long as I can do my best to make them rise I'm always happy

Back on topic, I have memorised mine but it's due for renewal in a few years time. I'm usually very good with numbers, birthdays etc but when I go to the shops for food I sometimes end up buying things I didn't intend to buy and forget to actually buy what I originally went for
Old May 28, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I can still remember the number of the first passport I ever had, which was issued in 1980 (the old UK style with the P******B format). Given up trying to remember the current one.

I guess it's just a seniors thing.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:53 am

Yep, I remember my current 2 passport numbers, and my previous 2 also.

Completing landing cards and visa applications on a weekly basis means that they are easily learnt.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I used to know my passport number off by heart, but since getting a new one around 18 months ago, I'm still not 100% sure, so always check. My BAEC number on the other hand is deeply ingrained and memorised
Old May 28, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
yes, know passport number by heart - typically takes me a few months after getting a new one to get there. Expiration date takes a bit longer to know by heart. FF numbers - of course - even more important than passport numbers, ain't them?
Old May 28, 2019, 6:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I have a bunch of my passport numbers memorized along with their dates of issue/expiration. I also have memorized the details of a bunch of my relatives' and some of my closest associates memorized.

Remembering trivia, numerical or otherwise, is sort of my thing, even when it's not for trivial reasons. But a lot of my reason for memorizing this stuff is due to laziness -- I just don't want to go physically hunting for document info to do online check-in for example.

Don't even start to ask me how many FFP and hotel loyalty program numbers I have memorized. I have even some of the defunct programs' numbers still ready to roll off my tongue and fingertips, and they are basically as good as useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.