Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Your Passport Number? By Heart...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 4:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
After 2 years of having to write it out every 10 days on immigration forms for BKK and SIN, I learnt the details pretty quickly.

GGL line are always surprised at the speed I relay it, but with a new passport coming, I'll likely still give them the existing number in error!

M
jerub and miklcct like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
I had a mini-rant at BA when asked for my passport number a while back.. "why is it I keep putting my passport details in your website for you to lose them" etc etc (which incidentally is true), only to then realise they were simply asking as part of their security questions prior to discussing the flight I had call them about. Oops.
I can never remember my passport number although I do know the expiration date by heart. I prefer the system Miles and More uses which is three random digits from your five digit pin. Though half the time I have to write the pin down to figure out which digits are which. And I use the same pin for a lot of things which, I know, is dangerous.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by eugegall
Why is It, every time I call BA they think people are just going to know their passport number by heart?

Sure some of you really frequent travellers will but I probably fly 30/40 flight a year and all I can tell you is that it starts with a 3....

The lady tells me nobody ever knows! I just find it odd questioning.
I find it odd that you don’t know it if you fly 30/40 flights a year. Are those mostly domestic/EU? Certainly for travel elsewhere, the number and expire date are very useful to know off by heart.

That said I completely understand that less frequent flyers are not likely to know it.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The only important numbers folks should remember are Tier Points and your Avios balance

Old May 28, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes I do. Both my BAEC number and my passport number.
ClubflyerLondon likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
The only important numbers folks should remember are Tier Points and your Avios balance

Well if they aren’t changing regularly, they aren’t worth remembering 😉
Old May 28, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was asked for my passport number on my last BA flight when making some purchases, cabin crew were amazed i knew mine, and my wife's off by heart as well as my BAEC number. Saved going into my overhead to dig it out
Maybe working in Finance has the odd advantage
Old May 28, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: QFF, VA, IHG
I did, but then it expired and I have not become familiar with the new one yet! Not helped by a reduction in O/S travel.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
No but I have it on my phone heavily disguised in case somebody gains access. My dad's PA many years ago used to have the family ones stored to allow her to book family holidays. You needed it you called her.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
took me 10 years to learn the last one, 3 months after I was confident enough in my recollection of it, I had to renew. Back to square one now...
eefor jfp likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
No problem in addition to passport and all details:

HKID
National Insurance Number (and I have probably only looked at this once in the last 30 years)
UK Drivers Licence
HK Drivers Licence

An all the other official documents I have.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Apparently it's not OK to ask them which passport you used to book with (for people who hold multiple passports). So you have to memorise all the numbers.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I added it to the encrypted password keeper on all my devices - takes about one second to access using touch ID or face ID
wilsnunn likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:49 am

I knew my passport number, along with the expiration date and all other pertinent details, but I got a new passport a few months ago. Now I need to learn the new one.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Just me then, got ya!
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.