club menu SYD-SIN SIN - LHR

Reply

Old May 27, 19, 5:26 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Iver
Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Posts: 2,874
club menu SYD-SIN SIN - LHR

Strange reguest know there are plenty of FF's who do one of the above sectors, just wondering if anyone of you may have kept a menu recently of the meal. as would like to give my daughter and grandson aged 5 an idea as to what is on offer.
Thanks
BA5E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 19, 5:43 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: QF
Posts: 100
I have a few F menus from that route but no J ones that I have kept.
firstclassnewbie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 19, 6:39 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 23,961
Have you look at the main course pre-order thread? SIN comes up quite frequently

The main course pre-order choice thread
orbitmic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 19, 10:14 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Iver
Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Posts: 2,874
Thank you orbitmic will get my daughter to look, failing that I will look and then let her know.
orbitmic likes this.
BA5E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 19, 10:55 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 308
Of course at 30 days prior to flying the menu will be visible within MMB.
endoman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 2:29 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Iver
Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Posts: 2,874
thank you endoman, I had forgotten that, when we travel F to SYD we never bother to look beforehand just like to look on the day whilst sitting in my seat with a glass of LPGS
BA5E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 2:55 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 35,210
Originally Posted by endoman View Post
Of course at 30 days prior to flying the menu will be visible within MMB.
Is this true for SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR?

I've only ever remembered seeing a full menu for flights on which a main course pre-order is available, ie flights from London.

But I've never really paid any attention because personally I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Globaliser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 3:01 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Is this true for SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR?

I've only ever remembered seeing a full menu for flights on which a main course pre-order is available, ie flights from London.

But I've never really paid any attention because personally I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
Oops, missed that, you are correct it's for flights from LON.
endoman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 4:38 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL & CCR, BA GfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 370
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
Because, as soon as the main-course order is placed it is prepared and placed in a queue to ensure it is available for delivery to the wrong seat.

In First - Meal given to another passenger

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; May 28, 19 at 5:11 am
DoctorCopper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 7:27 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Iver
Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Is this true for SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR?

I've only ever remembered seeing a full menu for flights on which a main course pre-order is available, ie flights from London.

But I've never really paid any attention because personally I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
Yes forgot to put return in, Agree only main course is in it will just be good to see for my grandson aged 5 to have an idea. They certainly will not pre-order just to get a heads up beforehand. I can even in F dither around for a while before I make a choice.
BA5E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 7:37 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 35,210
It's just occurred to me that another place to look for menus on sectors that don't have main course pre-ordering is Post your BA Food Pictures here.

And some people put photos of their menus in their trip reports too: BA Trip Report Index.
Globaliser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 7:52 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Posts: 4,389
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Is this true for SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR?

I've only ever remembered seeing a full menu for flights on which a main course pre-order is available, ie flights from London.

But I've never really paid any attention because personally I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
I am glad I’m not alone in the “I think I’ll have the cod” when out for a meal and discussing the menu, but when they come to take order, I say “I’ll have the lamb please”!

I may be wrong but AIUI even ex-London, pre ordering is not available to customers travelling straight through on BA15 to SYD (even on the LHR-SIN sector), apologies I know I am venturing off piste.
IAMORGAN is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 12:21 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Iver
Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
It's just occurred to me that another place to look for menus on sectors that don't have main course pre-ordering is Post your BA Food Pictures here.

And some people put photos of their menus in their trip reports too: BA Trip Report Index.
thanks for info
BA5E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 12:24 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Iver
Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN View Post


I am glad I’m not alone in the “I think I’ll have the cod” when out for a meal and discussing the menu, but when they come to take order, I say “I’ll have the lamb please”!

I may be wrong but AIUI even ex-London, pre ordering is not available to customers travelling straight through on BA15 to SYD (even on the LHR-SIN sector), apologies I know I am venturing off piste.
I hope they have the option to just look at menu syd-sin my daughter will not pre order just a matter of seein what is on offer
BA5E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 19, 12:53 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 234
Originally Posted by BA5E View Post
I hope they have the option to just look at menu syd-sin my daughter will not pre order just a matter of seein what is on offer
Yes, I just flew this sector from SIN-SYD, and there is plenty of choice (a lot of people go straight to sleep, especially if they come from London). I can't remember what the choices were, but it's dinner after take off, and then breakfast before arrival. It's a lot of food for a 7 hour flight!
nyjoe4 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread