Community
Wiki Posts
Search

club menu SYD-SIN SIN - LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
club menu SYD-SIN SIN - LHR

Strange reguest know there are plenty of FF's who do one of the above sectors, just wondering if anyone of you may have kept a menu recently of the meal. as would like to give my daughter and grandson aged 5 an idea as to what is on offer.
Thanks
Old May 27, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: QF
I have a few F menus from that route but no J ones that I have kept.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Have you look at the main course pre-order thread? SIN comes up quite frequently

The main course pre-order choice thread
Old May 27, 2019, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thank you orbitmic will get my daughter to look, failing that I will look and then let her know.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Of course at 30 days prior to flying the menu will be visible within MMB.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:29 am
Original Poster

thank you endoman, I had forgotten that, when we travel F to SYD we never bother to look beforehand just like to look on the day whilst sitting in my seat with a glass of LPGS
Old May 28, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by endoman
Of course at 30 days prior to flying the menu will be visible within MMB.
Is this true for SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR?

I've only ever remembered seeing a full menu for flights on which a main course pre-order is available, ie flights from London.

But I've never really paid any attention because personally I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser

I've only ever remembered seeing a full menu for flights on which a main course pre-order is available, ie flights from London.

But I've never really paid any attention because personally I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
Oops, missed that, you are correct it's for flights from LON.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I've never understood the clamour to pre-order a main course weeks before it's going to be eaten. I often have no settled idea what I want from the available choices 4 minutes before my order is taken, let alone 4 weeks!
Because, as soon as the main-course order is placed it is prepared and placed in a queue to ensure it is available for delivery to the wrong seat.

In First - Meal given to another passenger

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; May 28, 2019 at 5:11 am
Old May 28, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Yes forgot to put return in, Agree only main course is in it will just be good to see for my grandson aged 5 to have an idea. They certainly will not pre-order just to get a heads up beforehand. I can even in F dither around for a while before I make a choice.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's just occurred to me that another place to look for menus on sectors that don't have main course pre-ordering is Post your BA Food Pictures here.

And some people put photos of their menus in their trip reports too: BA Trip Report Index.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador

I am glad I’m not alone in the “I think I’ll have the cod” when out for a meal and discussing the menu, but when they come to take order, I say “I’ll have the lamb please”!

I may be wrong but AIUI even ex-London, pre ordering is not available to customers travelling straight through on BA15 to SYD (even on the LHR-SIN sector), apologies I know I am venturing off piste.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

It's just occurred to me that another place to look for menus on sectors that don't have main course pre-ordering is Post your BA Food Pictures here.

And some people put photos of their menus in their trip reports too: BA Trip Report Index.
thanks for info
Old May 28, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

I am glad I’m not alone in the “I think I’ll have the cod” when out for a meal and discussing the menu, but when they come to take order, I say “I’ll have the lamb please”!

I may be wrong but AIUI even ex-London, pre ordering is not available to customers travelling straight through on BA15 to SYD (even on the LHR-SIN sector), apologies I know I am venturing off piste.
I hope they have the option to just look at menu syd-sin my daughter will not pre order just a matter of seein what is on offer
Old May 28, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by BA5E
I hope they have the option to just look at menu syd-sin my daughter will not pre order just a matter of seein what is on offer
Yes, I just flew this sector from SIN-SYD, and there is plenty of choice (a lot of people go straight to sleep, especially if they come from London). I can't remember what the choices were, but it's dinner after take off, and then breakfast before arrival. It's a lot of food for a 7 hour flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.