Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Currently looking at Manila (or Cebu) in November for a few weeks.

Can see QR from ARN at a shade over 1400 quid, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else and I've checked all the other usual Ex-EU suspects.
Couldn't find anything as good as ARN with my search either.
Cymro and bhbloke like this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Couldn't find anything as good as ARN with my search either.
Thanks for looking, I always think I've found the best price/route after loads of research and then someone pops up a week later and says something along the lines of I've found this great fare (and it's normally cheaper and a better routing than I managed to find!)
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Looking to book eu-tyo in J early Feb next year. Prices seem to be quite high..compared to earlier in year. Isn't there normally a sale over August/sept? With the dreaded B looming also..might BA hold off and dangle a carrot nearer the deadline to keep seats full over the winter time...as i suspect if things actually happen this time..people might be hesitant to book flights??
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: *A
I'm looking to book a trip to South Africa from LON. I'd be meeting friends in JNB on August 13th but am flexible to arrive several days early (I can fly any day from August 4th). I'm planning on including a trip from JNB - VFA on August 18 and LVI - JNB on August 20 but can book this separately or I can skip this entirely. I'll ideally be in Cape Town from the evening of August 20th until I return to London in time for work on August 27th (I could arrive as late as mid-morning).

BA have miles availability for LHR - JNB in economy on August 11th but one way flights from CPT/JNB/DUB - LHR seem to be very expensive.

Any ideas? The very best I'm getting is around 800 but the itinerary is rough.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by sds1493
I'm looking to book a trip to South Africa from LON. I'd be meeting friends in JNB on August 13th but am flexible to arrive several days early (I can fly any day from August 4th). I'm planning on including a trip from JNB - VFA on August 18 and LVI - JNB on August 20 but can book this separately or I can skip this entirely. I'll ideally be in Cape Town from the evening of August 20th until I return to London in time for work on August 27th (I could arrive as late as mid-morning).

BA have miles availability for LHR - JNB in economy on August 11th but one way flights from CPT/JNB/DUB - LHR seem to be very expensive.

Save your money and fly QR.

499 exARN.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I find myself needing to reach the West Coast in November, January, and February for work.

I need to be in LAX, but am happy to route to/via PHX.

The CDG-LAX, and INV-LAX fares arent showing up for me, despite playing with ITA for a couple of hours, so I thought I'd come here for some extra help.

The sole proviso of my trips, is that I need to be in London on a Friday night, so could do the positionings on the Friday, and then the longhauls on Saturday.

For November the client is flexible, so I could do either 15th-19th (back in Europe on 19th), or 22nd-26th, or 29th-3rd. For January I've been looking at 24th-28th, and February the client has given me the entire month, dependent on my preference (so I guess avoiding school holidays will yield better options).

From a TP angle, I'd like to pick up at least 800, but have also looked at whether I could route via HEL to get to 880 or more if possible (not sure it is due to MPM and the fact that TPs now correctly credit if using a GUF).

Thank you in advance to all!

M
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended

msm2000uk, since your trips are short, Id break up the journey there to arrive in a hotel mid afternoon.
If you have enough time to make a leisurely return, consider via AAs daytime ORD-LHR. In November avoid the Thanksgiving peak travel.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Aug 2, 2019 at 9:16 am
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by teledude
Save your money and fly QR.

499 exARN.
Thank you - any ideas other than QR exARN?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm struggling to find decent prices to LAS beginning of November for up to two weeks, J or F.
I want to see John Fogerty again!
Preferably from Scotland but others considered.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by sds1493

Sorry can't find any good fares this close to travel in the 'usual' places. QR in economy is crap because of the overnight connection but at least you get reasonable Tier Points.

The regional flights will be expensive (100-200+ each way) because they are tourist routes, cheapest fare buckets sell 11 months ahead, so just buy what you can afford. I presume there is no reward availability? Look at VFA, LVI and Kasane (BBK) on SAA or BA (Comair) (but don't be tempted by cheap Air Botswana flights). You can fly direct from VFA or LVI to CPT but it may be cheapest to get a connection through JNB.
sds1493 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by richardwft
msm2000uk, since your trips are short, Id break up the journey there to arrive in a hotel mid afternoon.
If you have enough time to make a leisurely return, consider via AAs daytime ORD-LHR. In November avoid the Thanksgiving peak travel.
Cheers! I'll carry on searching!

M
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by anniegray
I'm struggling to find decent prices to LAS beginning of November for up to two weeks, J or F.
I want to see John Fogerty again!
Preferably from Scotland but others considered.
Can you say what prices have you seen so far and where from as well as how many passengers please?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
2 people, from Abz,Edi,Lhr nearly 7000 for J, Inv slightly cheaper.
Dub a bit cheaper but I struggle with the awful Stobart Air, although would consider if cheap enough.
I only usually pay around 4000 for two, and have also had F for just over that.
They seem over the top just now. I also looked at PHX
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Cheers! I'll carry on searching!

M
If LAX is not nearest to where you want to get to for your work meetings, consider other nearer LA airports that may have AA flights. AA website can be very good if you tick nearby airports and All air carriers.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, BA Gold
I'm looking for a decend ex EU to HNL fare for 10th Dec and back before Christmas in Business or First class. My Best find was ex ARN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.